How do you us a Beto 2 way mini pump

Tony_B
Tony_B Posts: 16
edited October 2009 in The workshop
Hi all, bought one of these from Argos a Beto 2 Way Mini Pump with Gauge, the instructions are none existent, can any one help me with how to use one for presta valves??

Thxs
The Truth is Out There

Comments

• Can't see much from online images but the usual thing to change a pump from one valve type to the other is this. I'm guessing it is set for Shraeder at the moment? Undo the knurled piece where the valve goes in. There should be a rubber grommet affair with a big hole at one end and a smaller one at the other. For Presta small hole forwards. Refit the knurled bit. Again assumtion from the pictures. Put the lever parallel with the pump, push onto valve, lift lever then pump.
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • Tony_B
    Tony_B Posts: 16
    Cheers that's what I thought after playing around for about an hour with it, shame my tyres don't need pumping up atm
    The Truth is Out There
  • Im on my third one of these ,when they did work it took ages to pump up a tyre. Then after a while when using them the air came straight back out of the handle, so as soon as you stopped pumping all the air came right back out of the tyre . Luckly other friends have had pumps i could use to get me home .Maybe i was just unlucky :(