RPCC Ride - Sat 3rd/Sun 4th October

2»

Comments

• Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    phips wrote:
    Wasn't planning on making it a hoon on Sunday - it was intended to be a 'standard rules, nobody gets dropped' run.
    Yup - Sunday not a hoon. I'm gonna be shot to bits after tomorrow so folk are likely to be waiting for me! :oops:
  • tyskie
    tyskie Posts: 252
    I would prefer 9am. Don't want to set off too late as have lots to do in the afternoon.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mark73
    Mark73 Posts: 146
    Hope you guys had a good race today and didn't get too battered by the wind.

Just wanted to double check that the ride is still on tomorrow. If it is i'll see you at 9am. Hopefully won't be late this time!
  • Rich-Ti
    Yup, game on for 9am 8)

Race was awesome, with a cheeky little RPCC victory :D
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    You are most welcome Phips - as we said points should go to those who could actually use them and score them in the race, though I noticed that you felt unable to acknowledge this on the Mo forum ;) I want to see the video that Al filmed, but he is being very slack about getting it posted up.

I was also a bit stiff until a hot bath eased things, followed by a beer which helped far more.

I need to look at my cranks to find out what the godawful creak is I dont think I can face riding the bike until I sort it out.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • voxegam
    voxegam Posts: 244
    felgen wrote:
    I need to look at my cranks to find out what the godawful creak is I dont think I can face riding the bike until I sort it out.

You sure the creaking ain't your old old bones Felgen ??? :wink:
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
    Planet-X (now winter-bike)
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    voxegam wrote:

You sure the creaking ain't your old old bones Felgen ??? :wink:
    Nah it can't be that, I took cod liver oil and chondroitin sulphate before riding. And I know that works - I read it in the Daily Mail, so it must be true.

And wash your mouth out young Voxegam, before I borrow one of Phipsys Campagnolo headset spanners, you know, one of those big boys fromt he 70's - that could to some real damage! Either that or I will put some Sodium Docusate in your drink bottle when you arent looking :twisted:
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Mark73
    Thanks for a another lovely ride today chaps. Need to find more strength in these stick like legs of mine to keep up on those roundabouts though.

See you next time.
  • Rich-Ti
    Glad you enjoyed it again Mark, and good to meet you 8)

Sorry for bailing - couldn't stay warm or keep my heart rate up, 2 sure signs of fatigue so bailing seemed like the sensible option.

Unfortunately I've spent most of the rest of the day so far c0cking about with my Macs as the 3G dongle I'm currently using for t'interweb has kindly installed something that's overwritten some system software and caused both of them to fall over on restart, so that work I needed to do now can't be done! Still, I'm learning a lot about Macs today which is no bad thing... even if it is a little dull!
  • Mark73
    Likewise Rich,and thanks again for making me feel so welcome. It's really appreciated.

I am sure it was probably the best thing for you to head home mate. Sounded like yesterday was pretty intense! I am not surprised you couldn't quite find your legs.

If I was more technically minded I might be able to offer you some advice on your mac, but I am pretty useless when it comes to computers. Thank god Macs don't fall down too often.

As soon as I get another free weekend I'll be out again. Don't think I am quite ready for a hoonfest yet though.

see you soon mate.