"it" mod i want it, what is it?

joshtp
joshtp Posts: 3,966
edited September 2009 in MTB general
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R09pW37y ... re=related
this video clearly shows posible the coolest travel adjustment system off all time. What is it? how does it work? and how do i get it? is it something i can do myself? what ever it is, it looks cool!
I like bikes and stuff

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    no idea but is my forks moved that easily through their travel i would be worried.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • joshtp
    True, they are way to soft, but they eat small stuff mind.... continualy bottoming out on bigger stuff would not be fun...
    i just want to know hoe the travel adjust works, it looks like the easyest system iv ever seen....
    I like bikes and stuff
  • RichMTB
    RichMTB Posts: 599
    I'm sure Manitou had a system a few years ago called IT (for Infinite Travel).

Basically you pull a lever depress the fork to the desired travel and then when you release the lever the fork stays at that travel setting but remains active in its remaining travel. Looks like on this video the same system has been adopted.

From what I remember it was considered a fairly useful system but was blighted by the fact that almost without exception Manitou forks are complete shoot!
    Step in to my hut! - Stumpy Jumpy Pacey
  • joshtp
    RichMTB wrote:
    I'm sure Manitou had a system a few years ago called IT (for Infinite Travel).

Basically you pull a lever depress the fork to the desired travel and then when you release the lever the fork stays at that travel setting but remains active in its remaining travel. Looks like on this video the same system has been adopted.

From what I remember it was considered a fairly useful system but was blighted by the fact that almost without exception Manitou forks are complete shoot!
    yeah, loads of dif companies have travel adjust, and the manitou was called IT but this is diferent, it looks easy to use, he doesent have to compress the fork, it just sucks down.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • RichMTB
    he doesent have to compress the fork, it just sucks down.

So he is just pressing down on the fork to help it suck down then?[/quote]
  • joshtp
    yeah, i supose he is pressing down, but it doesnt look like he is pressing very hard, it looks easy!
    I like bikes and stuff
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    yeah, i supose he is pressing down, but it doesnt look like he is pressing very hard, it looks easy!

Maybe thats because he's set the suspension up very soft?
  • omg, I so want that as well!!!!!

I mean even just for the fun of it! to like show off to people, although I do imagine it would handle very well in the rough :?

I only wish I could get like, half as much travel as that on my forks, they're rated at 100mm, pushing down I might get 30mm, at race pace through a rock garden or whatever I might get 50-60mm...Curse you RST! :)

Knowing how that guy did it would be the most interesting thing, from an engineering perspective at least....hmmm I wonder how much he voided his warranty :wink:
    92% of teenagers have turned to rap. If your one of the 8% that still listens to real music put this in your sig

Walk (Ride) softly and carry a big fish

Yay, 100 hundred posts :-)
  • joshtp
    it may be a factoty upgrade... but thats certainly not the useal zocchi travel adjust system, the normal one is called eta or summin and has to be wound down, it takes ages too.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Looks like a modded ETA. Which is a lever flip, then the fork gets progressively lower as you use itand leaves about 30mm of travel.
  • joshtp
    ah, clever, nice work SS.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I had a go with ETA on an MX Comp - topped out like barstard!
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Be a tad dangerous trying to do whilst riding though, doesn't beat the TALAS system.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • That vague squeak would be the last thing you hear as you're flung over the handlebar. No thanks.
  • RichMTB
    had a go with ETA on an MX Comp - topped out like barstard!

Yep I had Mx Pro's with ETA they had zero rebound with the eta engaged it was like 30mm of pogo stick
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    RichMTB wrote:
    had a go with ETA on an MX Comp - topped out like barstard!

Yep I had Mx Pro's with ETA they had zero rebound with the eta engaged it was like 30mm of pogo stick

should not have made any difference as each is in the opposite leg.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • hahaha
    we had a set of 55r's that had a problem like that,
    only difference between them is mine didn't need a lever to adjust them they just stayed at half travel. :wink:

no thanks
    Its all up hill down here