What do you ride??

fran79
fran79 Posts: 13
edited September 2009 in Women
Hi Ladies

I've saved up my pennies and im looking to upgrade my old bike for a new one!!
Im looking for a light responsive XC hardtail for no more than about £850 I ride about 15/16 inch frame.

I've been on the lookout for a 07 or 08 Kona Kula Lisa 16" but i've given up :cry:
I would really appreciate any recommendations??

many thanks :D

Francesca

Comments

• Hi fran,
    i've a specialized fsr which i use in summer, 456 for winter.
    I know a few people who have got On Ones, an i'd recommend these.
    But it's how you feel an what you are drawn to.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    mrs.blitz has a 17.5" HKEK. Same frame as the Big Sur, RockShox Recon, Juicy 3s, SRAM X7/X9, Shimano 525 hubs/cranks. It rides very well in a quality, springy hardtail kind of way. Not at all racy but very light and nimble through the twisties and stable on the descents.

Think the 2010 model is £900.
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    I ride a Santa Cruz superlight - fab bike that I got second-hand off Ebay for a bargain price a few years ago 8)

I love it... She's looking a little bashed now but I woudn't swap her for anything (and yes - I know it's sad assigning my bike a gender!!)
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • I've got an Orange G3 (2008), 17" frame and i love it - can throw it around a lot and it takes everything. I think it was about £900 list price but i got it for about £800 in the end. Definitely worth looking at Orange bikes in my opinion...
  • go and ride as many as you can.
  • Thank You Ladies

I am going to to go shopping late night Thursday so I will take your advice with me.

happy biking :wink:

Fran :D