The country with the most victories this year is...

frenchfighter
frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited September 2009 in Pro race
...France with 147!

1. France 147
2. Italy 141
3. Spain 100
4. Germany 85
5. Belgium 59
6. Australia 56
7. Russia 46
8. Netherlands 45
9. Great Britain 44
10. Poland 42
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• That being said, the ranking by points is as follows. Number in brackets is 2008.

1. (2) Italy 11237
    2. (1) Spain 11194
    3. (4) Germany 7557
    4. (5) Australia 7290
    5. (3) Belgium Europe 7047
    6. (6) France 6707
    7. (7) Netherlands 5366
    8. (8 ) Russia 5289
    9. (9) United States 5118
    10. (15) Great Britain 4380
    Contador is the Greatest
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    147 wins for France? I never knew there were that many .2 races. :lol: :P :twisted:
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Where'd you get those numbers from FF? Because Poland, 42... really?!
  • They are all 2.1/2s though. If you look at my seond post they do not figure which goes to show how victories by themselves cannot be taken as a good comparison (although some members argued strongly that they were, hence why Cav was greater than Contador).
    Contador is the Greatest
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    This list depends much on whether small domestic races are on the UCI calendar or not. Those Polish victories are mostly in Poland in races with mostly other Polish teams. Same for France nowadays.... . If the Premier Calendar would be on the UCi calendar Britain would score a lot better...
  • bipedal
    bipedal Posts: 466
    How many of the GB wins are Cav?
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    bipedal wrote:
    How many of the GB wins are Cav?

• Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    They are all 2.1/2s though. If you look at my seond post they do not figure which goes to show how victories by themselves cannot be taken as a good comparison (although some members argued strongly that they were, hence why Cav was greater than Contador).

Except that Cav's victories were in themselves of a high standard; M-SR, Tour, Giro, etc. So not quite the same thing as comparing them to victories in the "lesser" events...
  • Garry H wrote:
    They are all 2.1/2s though. If you look at my seond post they do not figure which goes to show how victories by themselves cannot be taken as a good comparison (although some members argued strongly that they were, hence why Cav was greater than Contador).

Except that Cav's victories were in themselves of a high standard; M-SR, Tour, Giro, etc. So not quite the same thing as comparing them to victories in the "lesser" events...

Precisely what a point ranking system does. Do you think a 2.2 is awarded the same as a 1.1? No. Yet if you only just looked at number of wins you would conclude that they are equal.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328

Groan.........you have this ability to turn any thread into a Contador lovefest.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • I wish there was a pulling your hair out emoticon
    Robert Millar for knighthood
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Garry H wrote:

If you just take the races which contribute to the UCI rankings (PT, HIS, GT), then you get:

1. Spain 33
    2. Italy 24
    3= Germany 15
    3= France 15
    5= Mark Cavendish 13
    5= Australia 13
    7. Norway 12
    8. Switzerland 10
    9. USA 8
    10. Russia 7

(GB have 14 in total)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Again, if you have anything worth contributing why don't you try. Your two previous comments were unecessary.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Garry H wrote:

Precisely what a point ranking system does. Do you think a 2.2 is awarded the same as a 1.1? No. Yet if you only just looked at number of wins you would conclude that they are equal.

Apologies, I thought you were implying that Cav's wins weren't comparable to Bertie's...