Heckler!!

RichMTB
RichMTB Posts: 599
edited October 2009 in MTB general
I hired a Heckler yesterday at Glentress.

Al I can say is wow - what a bike, well done to anyone who has one.

It pedalled amazingly for a bike with that much travel and absolutely flew down the trails. Everytime I popped it off a jump or a little drop it felt totally balanced and planted.

I'm smitten!! I'll have mine in Black Ano with the RP23 shock please!
Step in to my hut! - Stumpy Jumpy Pacey

Comments

• miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    My OH rides a Heckler and loves it :D

Personally I'll stick to my Superlight - it's good enough for me!!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Most single pivots like that feel similar! Sounds like you liked the geometry more than anything.
  • RichMTB
    RichMTB Posts: 599
    I actually thought the head angle was a little steeper than I was expecting - It was built up with Revelation's but a slighly longer fork would solve this. The brakes were totally sh1t (Avid Elixirs - no modulation). I'd probably go for a slighly longer stem (90mm versus 70mm) and build it up a bit lighter than the demo bike.

But underneath these little gripes that can be easily fixed was a really sorted bike.

[/quote]Personally I'll stick to my Superlight - it's good enough for me!!

I actually had a go on a Superlight at this years Fort William World Cup demo day and really liked it as well with 120mm forks up front to slacken the geometry a bit I'm sure it would make a great trail bike, I might persuade the wife to invest in a medium!
    Step in to my hut! - Stumpy Jumpy Pacey
  • the elixirs are a bit like that, but they get more modulation once they bed in.
  • the elixirs are a bit like that, but they get more modulation once they bed in.

mine are fantastic! very easy to modulate.
  • RichMTB wrote:
    I'm smitten!! I'll have mine in Black Ano with the RP23 shock please!

8) http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12618787

Any forks above 140mm you should really be looking at sticking to the shorter stem. I'm running 160's and the handling is much improved with a stubby stem.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • flamedude
    flamedude Posts: 119
    Oh I do love Hecklers. It's so easy to lay down power and get up to speed, they jump pretty nice too.
  • I have one too and love it!
  • v23
    v23 Posts: 217
    ...and me. For someone of my, erm, frame, they're pretty good. I think I'm going to swap my float R for a DHX 4 though.

I'll post a pic when I've got a decent one.