Dirt Jumps/Downhills in and around Yorkshire

milnesy69
milnesy69 Posts: 6
edited November 2009 in Routes
does anybody know of dirt jumps/downhill trails with-in a 60mile radius of Doncaster. thanks

Comments

• This may be a long shot and I know it's on your door step but have your tried Steetley Quarry? Me and a mate went for a little look on Sunday just gone. Looks fun for jumps etc. Just put it into youtube and have a look. :o
    Felt Compulsion 2 SE 2008
  • Jay85
    Jay85 Posts: 1
    hi guys, new to forum just having a look about really for routes around doncaster

i know about the majority of routes in doncaster, steatley quarry and the trial down the sides of the river don are are weekly ride for me and a handfull of mates, also the downhill sections in the woods up past steatley good fun.

we have ridden sherwood pines also which was ok, the jumps are all large and the downhill section was just full of familys riding down slowly, and then back up again!!!

the best place i have found around steatley would be our ride there..... we enter the river at hexthorpe park, ride right upto the falls under the bridges, up into the woods at the falls, then theres a tricky downhill section back down the track, get to a fence and go up through that then onwards up and down hills and tracks to the bottom of steatley, then into the woods and upwards

there is also the trans pennine route which i occasionally ride with my GF and my son, and also ride it some evenings with a mate

any other good rides around and abouts then?
  • You have Hamilton Hill near Lincoln if you want DH and Shore type stuff.

Few other dirt jump spots dotted around here and there south on Donny.
    If i am going out on one i am happy, If i am out on one i am happy, If i have just been out on one i am happy, otherwise miserable!
  • Ro88o
    Ro88o Posts: 130
    Wharncliffe - enuff said !

http://www.wharncliffe.info/maps.html
    You only get one shot .........so make it a double !
    Santa Cruz Heckler 650b
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/r0880/1177 ... 4113728080