Millar (and Wiggins) too cool for school

markwalker
markwalker Posts: 953
edited September 2009 in Pro race
What is it with this guy, his kits always breaking at the wrong moment, not just punctures either ;lost a tour prolog because he had a worn chain wheel and cba to fit a chain catcher stupid.

mechanicals in stage closing stage when he could have won and ended up throwing his bike

Breaking a changer?????? wtf

But hes not the only one Wiggins tantrum after his bike let him down in the TT pathetic and then whinging about the silver medal winner whilst wearing those fashion mistakes. Tool. Heres an idea wiggins get kit that works for important races.

Comments

• Listening to the little post-race interview yesterday DM was coming out with more excuses than McEwen would normally have to hand.

Oh well, history now. Next year with Cavendish on a flatter circuit might be more promising.
  • FOAD
    FOAD Posts: 318
    :lol: Did your comma key break after the first couple or was that a typo?
  • FOAD wrote:
    Eh?
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,778
    wasn't a great ride by the UK team.... thomas got in the break but then died... most of the team didn't like the distance... Hammond was ok with the distance but the hills must have hurt

It was cycle excuse day for millar.... been there (i was that sorry cyclist)

wiggio threw his toys somewhat

IMO wiggins is placing himself under pressure by bigging himself up... he needs to deliver on the podium next year... what has he got 2 or 3 yrs tops?

I like them both.. they are fair from perfect
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • markwalker wrote:
    What is it with this guy, his kits always breaking at the wrong moment, not just punctures either ;lost a tour prolog because he had a worn chain wheel and cba to fit a chain catcher stupid.

mechanicals in stage closing stage when he could have won and ended up throwing his bike

Breaking a changer?????? wtf

But hes not the only one Wiggins tantrum after his bike let him down in the TT pathetic and then whinging about the silver medal winner whilst wearing those fashion mistakes. Tool. Heres an idea wiggins get kit that works for important races.

i agree. off with their heads! in the name of her majesty!
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    IMO, Millar was always a funny pick as nominated leader. He's won one just road race since his return from his ban - the 2007 British road-race championship. Perhaps putting Millar in the TT and nominating Froome as team leader for the RR would have been a better move.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    FOAD wrote:

don't be a retard..
    cartoon.jpg
  • FOAD
    FOAD Posts: 318
    from a bloke from your neck of the woods i take it as a compliment! :lol:
  • I blame the press for stupid questions.

To be fair to Millar he said "that's racing" and he's right.

For me it wouldn't have been positive for British cycling or cycling at all if Millar or Vino or Basso etc had won.

Wiggins ? Understandable to be frustrated and clearly not his fault but the Too Cool for Skool label sort of fits.
  • drenkrom
    drenkrom Posts: 1,062
    You guys whining about your national squad's performance? Try being Canadian for a WC someday! Halfway through, everyone's out except for Barry, working for his trade teammates. At least they're not whiners...
  • I just watched the Wiggo interview on Eurosport funny when he talks about the mechanicals he scratches his nose, he is uncomfortable his speech changes, I think he is telling porky-pies....nothing to do with being beaten.....I may be wrong...however if you get a chance to watch it, do it exhibits all the characteristics of someone telling fibs/or not the whole truth?
    Colnago C60 SRAM eTap, Colnago C40, Milani 107E, BMC Pro Machine, Trek Madone, Viner Gladius,
    Bizango 29er