motorcyle techniques that work for cycling..

2»

Comments

• diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    would you really take up the same position as a cyclist as you would on a motorcycle? I think you'd get run over?

As a motorcyclist I'm used to using the whole width of the lane and out in the rural areas I may even off-side occasionally. Why would I do that on a cycle?
  • joec1
    joec1 Posts: 494
    diy wrote:
    would you really take up the same position as a cyclist as you would on a motorcycle? I think you'd get run over?

As a motorcyclist I'm used to using the whole width of the lane and out in the rural areas I may even off-side occasionally. Why would I do that on a cycle?

Oh dear.....

if i did that near me then my gsxr would be coved into the front of a ferrari or some other toffs range rover sport....

(the peope who think they own anything with tarmac...)
    www.settingascene.com - MTBing in Wilts and the southwest, join up for info and ride details.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    edited October 2009
    diy wrote:

Not all the time, but positioning for turns, filtering, lane posession etc. And sometimes for general riding, you can offside on a pushbike just as effectively as on a motorbike though you have to be careful of other traffic of course. And the obs skills are definately transferrable.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    joec1 wrote:
    diy wrote:

Oh dear.....

if i did that near me then my gsxr would be coved into the front of a ferrari or some other toffs range rover sport....

(the peope who think they own anything with tarmac...)
    Off-siding is fine if you can see up the road ahead of you. Doing it blind is for the stupid and the soon to be dead. :!:
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.