Advice on arranging a London 2 Amsterdam ride...

JohnBoyUK
JohnBoyUK Posts: 206
edited October 2009 in MTB rides
Hi Guys,

This has been one hell of a week. My brother is currently in hospital after suffering yet another bipolar breakdown and we dont know when he will be well enough to come home again. He's only just turned 30, he's a super intelligent bloke who's a software architect by trade but his illness is destroying his life.

I was talking to some of my close pals today who I'd done the London to Southend ride with earlier in the year and we came up with an idea of organising a ride to somewhere far away to raise awareness of bipolar and mental health issues, as lets face it, there is a massive stigma to mental health issues these days.

Anyhow, we came up with the idea of doing a London to Amsterdam run, as we all love Amsterdam as a city and its a little different.

Having done some searching on google tonight, it apears there are a lot of organised London to Amsterdam trips but although the registration fees are cheap, the minimum sponsorship each is around £1,250-1,500 and if 5 of us do it, we're looking at raising a minimum £1,250 x 5!

Thus, I'm sure between us, as long as we could organise a map, some organised stop off points, the ferry over and the Eurostar back, we'd be able to do it a damn site cheaper and raise a lot more money for charity in the process.

How to a find a map of a decent route? What other stuff do I have to look for.

Sorry, I'm a complete novice but I'm just so fired up.

Any advice re: the organisation of the tip would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
JB

Comments

• jayson
    jayson Posts: 4,606
    I also suffer with bipolar disorder so i sympathise with your brother and your family, it can be very difficult at times but the best thing to do is to stay unified as a family and give support as a whole unit.

I wish you all the best with your trip, i cant afford to take part but it will be fun amsterdam is awesome!!! :D