mad mission from edinburgh to innerleither/glentress

alan-k
alan-k Posts: 2
edited September 2009 in MTB rides
i am tryin to get together some diehard riders that like long disstance, xc and dh. start in edinburgh and end up at ether glentress for some xc or innerleithen for some dh. spend all day their going mad on the hills then ride back. its a 30+ mile ride their. i do the this ride on my own as not many people i know like this sort of riding. their are many road bike clubs but i cant find anything for the sort of riding i like. it would be good to meet some likeminded MTBers, thanks.

Comments

• Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Yeah, **** off :lol: A girl I used to work with used to ride from Edinburgh, do glentress black then ride back as her "training ride". But she's not normal. I'll point her at this thread though.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • theres a path way takes you from Pencaitland to Peebles, i dont know where it us but i wouldnt fancy cycling that road with some of the arsehole drivers ive seen on it, plus road riding is crap
    i spent all me money on whisky and beer!!!
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    If you want to road it, the B7007 to B709 down to Innerleithen might be the way to do it, mainly because nobody knows it's there. Bit of a climb up to the first col mind. Nice scenic route.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • myopic
    myopic Posts: 692
    That's a great road, Northwind. Its part of one of my favourite road bike circuits from Edinburgh, but I usually use it as the return route.
    You don't need eyes to see, you need vision