Bedgebury - 4th October

missmarple
missmarple Posts: 1,980
edited October 2009 in MTB rides
Anyone gonna be there? I'm taking the new steed for its test run with Bigfoot Bike Club, should be there from around 11.30 onwards complaining that my bike is either falling apart, too heavy, rattling etc. (the usual) :P

Comments

• Tolk
    Tolk Posts: 775
    I'm there on Sunday, if you see a lanky sod on a Rocklobster, most probably on his own because his mates are flakey, say hello!
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    We're getting there from around 11:30, if you see a diamondback/dbr with blue rims, white saddle and stem be sure to say yello. :wink:
  • Tolk
    Didn't spot you today, nice day for it though. Did you have a good time?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    I was there last Friday: lovely day, temperature just nice, sunny and dry. It was almost deserted: we did 2 laps of the singletrack and had a quick muck about on the easy bits of the freeride area in between - in 4 hours we could literally count the other riders we came across on the fingers of one hand, so no slow coaches to hold us up and no nutters/talented riders to show us up :D

Wonder how long before it turns into the well documented winter swamp?

Steve.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Tolk
    I've not ridden it in the winter yet, but will be doing so this year. I bet it's a bit of a component destroyer, it's very gritty & doesn't drain for crap!
  • mrfmilo
    mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
    Was there on the 4th around that time (10:45-1:40). Were you in a small group - one of the riders had a Yeti FS bike?

Did you see 2 kids(13ish) riding the singletrack and freeride?

:)
  • hi is bedgebury worth going to?looks ok from what ive seen on the net, live in north essex so its about a 1 1/2 - 2 hour drive just pondering the next ride out? :D
  • mrfmilo
    It's definitely worth going to - although maybe not if the drive is that distance.

It's got some really good singletrack (13K).
    The northshore is also great - something for all abilities.
    And the freeride/jump area is good fun, but very short.

And o think there is a new trail being built+ the freeride area is being improved
    i think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoFIbpZehQw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlZCZ-4TfGg

I'd say if you like singletrack - YES
    If you prefer jump/northshore - NO
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    I've heard from a mate who went this week that it's starting get soggy and a bit slower there so get there before it's too boggy to enjoy!
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Thanks for the reply, i love a good bit of singletrack :D not much around these parts :( where i live so thats not that far if its a good ride, not really into jumping but north shore is good for a laugh so i think its bedgebury here i come lol
  • didnt see the post stevo cheers for the update will keep that in mind
  • mrfmilo
    +1 - Try and go when it's dry.