Just got back..

fcumok
fcumok Posts: 283
edited September 2009 in MTB general
From my first night ride :D Very impressed with the Tesco torches, I was going to get some P7s but now not so sure that I need them.

Also my first 'proper' ride since I came out of hospital and not feeling too bad. Good night all round. Night riding is the future 8)

Comments

• How good were the tesco torches, i've been looking at the p7 as well but am a bit wary of ordering from honk kong.
  • RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    adun1408 wrote:
    but am a bit wary of ordering from honk kong.

:D
  • fcumok
    fcumok Posts: 283
    A lot better than I thought they would be. The beam is a quite focused, I used 3 in total which seemed ok, can be a bit interesting at speed but nothing too much to worry me.

Definitely a good introduction to riding at night.
  • i thought i heard tesco had stopped doing them torches now...??
    was looking at getting some soon for some night riding
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    what tesco torches are these? can i get them at any branch :?:
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Honestly, if you want a decent amount light you don't want the Tescos, that was a bit of internet hype gone nuts. And yeah, I fell for the hype ;) But you need 3 torches to get any sort of decent light, and the beam's still very tight. And you need to carry 10 million batteries too since each needs 2 and they don't last all that long. Once you get into buying loads of AA rechargables, etc, you've spent most of the price of a P7, a charger and 4 batteries from Dealextreme.

Not that you need a lot of light to night ride- you can have a lot of fun riding with very low light. But you've got to be brave or good to go fast!
    Uncompromising extremist