Decent DH/FR in North West?

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited September 2009 in Routes
As the title says really.. is there any?

I've read about some unofficial DH tracks in Longridge but apart from that I can't find much.

Don't mind traveling a bit :)

B

Comments

• dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    Wiswell Woods? Scratchmere Scar? Other than that you're stuck with Lee Quarry!!
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    edited October 2009
    Some good stuff around Rivington.

Found some great tracks there, down from the mast at Winter hill, very good for a DH ride.
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • dave_hill wrote:
    Wiswell Woods? Scratchmere Scar? Other than that you're stuck with Lee Quarry!!

Good shout about scratchmere... "plans to turn it into one of the UK premier DH and FR areas...." (feb 2009).

And Wiswel sounds promising with 2 DH track but apparently theyre a bit short...
  • i thought that the wiswell woods dh tracks got closed down? its what i heard and i live 5mins away from them, but admittedly i've not been up there for about 2 months so i'm not entirley sure
    92% of teenagers have turned to rap. If your one of the 8% that still listens to real music put this in your sig.
  • As far as I know Wiswell tracks got destroyed by the felling operation.

Although I haven't been in a long time.....

The route down from Winter Hill is a very good track. Plenty of opportunity for some little drops and such!!
  • There are three trails at Gisburn Forest near Clitheroe but I don't know if they're any good
  • Yep, Wiswell woods has gone with the felling.....but......there is a little cheeky bandit run down from the disused quarry at the top by the mast that comes out at the freemasons arms that i sometimes find myself on after iv been up Sabden. :wink: