Servicing Mavic Ksyrium SSC SL Wheels

Turbo Man
Turbo Man Posts: 42
edited September 2009 in Workshop
My rear Ksyrium has started making a horrible screeching noise when freewheeling above about 50kmh; it doesn't happen all the time just occasionally but seems to be getting more frequent. They're about 4 years old and I've read the paperwork that came with the wheels but there's nothing about servicing them. Do I have to send them back to Mavic for this? Or would a decent LBS be able to service them for me? Do Mavic have service centres in the UK?

Thanks

Comments

• mavic do have a "service" centre but they dont seem to exist in real life! try your lbs or have a go at doing the bearings yourself

http://www.tech-mavic.com/tech-mavic/uk ... /roues.htm

its not hard :D
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • Many thanks, I'll give it a go myself.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    FWIW the Mavic Service Centre does exist - it's in Frimley, Surrey inside the building of Amer Sports, their parent company. You can find instructions online - remove the freehub and run some oil in there - the screaching is probably a dry bearing - you can fit replacement bearings also
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Monty Dog wrote:
    FWIW the Mavic Service Centre does exist - it's in Frimley, Surrey inside the building of Amer Sports, their parent company. You can find instructions online - remove the freehub and run some oil in there - the screaching is probably a dry bearing - you can fit replacement bearings also

ah!

they must have a special 'we dont respond to e-mails from our loyal customers. after all its only them who buys our products and pays our wages, policy then. :D
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'