whats it worth?

adrian1987
adrian1987 Posts: 3
edited September 2009 in MTB general
Hi I'm new to the site, but not new to riding!

As it happens I used to be well into trials and dirt jumping back in the day, and my bike has been left pretty much unused for a period of time and I'm thinking of selling it to make funds for my car. I'd very much like to know how much my bikes worth now, so I'l give you the spec list...

Shogun gatecrasher 1 14" dirt jump frame with much gusseting 8)
As new Rockshox Judy TT forks (were new about 2 years ago, used very very little)
Sunn Mammoth Fat rims (they are MEGA beefy, got them for trials, not bent)
Tioga DH 2.3 tyres with about 3/4 tread
Truvatic crank with 32 tooth ring (think I've got a 22t ring and a 32t bashring somewhere)
Magura HS33 bright yellow rear brake with red booster
Shimano Alivio gearset with 8 speed shifter, but 7 speed cassette
Chain was new 2 years ago, but used very little
Gizmo kevlar seat, not comfy, but won't break when a big backside makes a hard landing!
Brand new yeti grips :D

Only problem is the bottom bracket bearings creak, but no play. I have a new one I bought off ebay but lost my tool to fit it!

I think thats it, let me know what you guys think I should put it up for :D

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    have a read of the forum rules.

It is worth whatever someone will pay for it.

so to find out what it is worth put it up for sale.

10p.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Thanks for that :shock:
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    swap for a mars bar

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    50p & a pack of crisps.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • I'll see the 60p, mars bar, and pack of crisps and raise you 1 cherry bakewell tart and £2.50
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • adrian1987. Now do you see why "what's it worth?" topics are a bad idea?

And I'll offer you 2 cherry bakewells and a mini-battenberg (Mr Kipling of course). He does make exceedingly good cakes.
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    i'll raise you £2.86 a bag of dog treats some ripped jeans and an empty can of coke

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    as posted before.

What is it worth?

It is only worth the amount that someone will pay for it.
    You own it you know what you would like for it.
    asking without any Photos or other good info is a pointless exercise and who knows if it is as good as new or FUBARed.
    Someone says it is worth £200 is it? well they are not buying it are they.
    what's it worth topics often turn into a sales topic if you want to sell something put an advert up if you don't get the offer you want you do not have to sell it.
    Have a look on auction sites to get an idea of what similar items have sold for, which does still not mean that that is what your goods are worth.

then we have the much loved pile of crap.
    what's it worth?
    Nothing.

Disappointed and pissed off starts ranting and raving that poster X and poster Y's parents are not married or they are some way related to dogs or are attracted to the same sex partner.

so no what's it worth topics thank you.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • LOL - nick
  • Adrian1987 - don't listen to any of the above, especially Nicklouse.
    They are simply trying to knock the value of your bike before offering an unrealistically low price.

You should be looking for at the very least a packet of jaffa cakes, a half used deodorant, the complete works of an obscure poet and a link to something mildly amusing on youtube.