how do I attach a D-lock bracket to the bike?

MegaCycle
MegaCycle Posts: 236
edited September 2009 in The workshop
Sorry!

Is it to the downtube? There are no instructions. It's the Halford's Bikehut one.

I attached it to the downtube, but the lock swings from side to side and I am not sure it's right. Here's what it looks like

http://twitpic.com/j33fe

Can't find a pic anywhere of a d-lock attached to a bike! I am doing this for my son; I am just a road cyclist, so don't know anything about locks and stuff!

Help!

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The bit you have it attatched to is the seat tube: which is correct.

However they do tend to flap about a bit so I always put mine in a rucksack.
  • Are there any locks that would come with a frame bag that could go on the seat-tube to store the bag in transport?

Either that or anyone recommend a good frame bag for the seat-tube that could be used.

I seen that Aldi's last round of Bike stuff had a travel-pump that came in a frame-bag and I considered getting the pump just for the bag to keep a lock in it.

Anyone got some ideas on carrying locks (preferably not in ruck-sacks/back-packs)?

"I like riding in my car, it's not quite a Jaguar."
  • I stop my D-lock swinging about by securing it with the strap of a small pump holder which I have attached to the other tube.
    Means I can't carry a pump in there now though, but the pump is light enough to comfortably go in the rucksack anyway...
  • Those brackets for d-locks are rubbish. Even if you manage to get it to stop swinging about it'll always rattle around over rough ground.

I did see a novel solution somewhere. The guy had covered the lock in an old innertube to stop it from scratching the frame then simply hung it from the top tube with a couple of velcro straps with another on the bottom attaching it to the downtube to stop it swinging about.