Bos signs with Cervélo

sonny73
sonny73 Posts: 2,203
edited September 2009 in Pro race
Theo Bos has signed a two year contract with the Cervélo TestTeam. http://www.velonews.com/article/98535/bos-signs-with-cervelo

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Damage prevention exercise - he won't be slinging his team mates into the barriers :wink:
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • You can even see Bos pulling, there is no way that was an accident. Video is very very clear.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    He'll be forever linked to that move in Turkey, it was disgraceful but also I think Impey had some bad luck too. Remember an elbow, flick, sling or a headbutt is par for the course and many other sprinters pull dirty tricks, Bos had the misfortune to get caught on camera.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,104
    I still don't think he meant it, but I seem to be a lone voice in that. He was being forced into the barriers and put an arm out to prevent himself from crashing. No-one, not even Brian Jacks, could throw someone one handed whilst riding a bike at 30 mph.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    andyp wrote:
    I still don't think he meant it, but I seem to be a lone voice in that. He was being forced into the barriers and put an arm out to prevent himself from crashing. No-one, not even Brian Jacks, could throw someone one handed whilst riding a bike at 30 mph.

much as I dislike to agree with someone like you, you are right...Bos lost his balance and that was how the arm went out, brought the other guy down
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    People will start to forget it if he begins to win stuff...

He's still very young and was ridiculously talented on the track. Saw some interviews and read a few stories/articles that all suggested he is extremely dedicated, and lived through the entire year like a monk to keep his form top all year round on the track.

Boogaard didn't seem too convinced Bos could make the transition, suggesting that the second it went uphill Bos would fade away very quickly.

I quite like him in interviews. Let's hope he can make the transition. Might make the sprints a bit more exciting ;)
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • Murr X
    Murr X Posts: 258
    Dave_1 wrote:
    andyp wrote:

much as I dislike to agree with someone like you, you are right...Bos lost his balance and that was how the arm went out, brought the other guy down
    Indeed the question of did he do it on purpose or not could be debated forever and really its silly talk to start assuming that he did it on purpose however he still caused the crash himself.

Now back to what really matters, if he can just get his sustainable power up to what would be near the "average" pro than he would be a killer rider, Cavendish would not stand a chance if Bos could keep some of his AWC and sprint. Remember earlier this year he won on an uphill - admittedly a short one but an impressive win nonetheless. He was always built more like a road rider than a pure sprinter like Hoy or McLean and had reportedly has taken a leaf of the Bradley Wiggins book and lost 8KG.

Hard to believe that 3 1/2 years he was the worlds fastest sprinter capable of doing this to the very best. :shock: :And now he can ride on the road http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMsotvad5nA

Until recently he held the flying 200m WR too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnOSKYez ... re=related

Lets hope the Impey incident does not get in his way as he is too much of an exciting rider to lose, and I don't thnk Cervelo would have signed him for 2 years if they thought he couldn't perform on the road.

Murr X