Pedal end-caps, likely to get a universal fit?

Joe86
Joe86 Posts: 180
edited September 2009 in MTB beginners
Hey all

I have some Onza Hox or H.o.x as they are known, and the other day I noticed that the end cap had been coming loose. I had no tools with me, and I ended up having a fall and forgetting to tighten them when I got home. Anyway, went out on a ride today to realise I had lost one of them. I would just leave it if it were only superficial damage, but the pedal has about 5mm movement side to side, and I managed to find some here:

Lpedal72.JPG

http://www.mombat.org/MOMBAT/PartsForSa ... edals.html

I'm located in the UK, so I doubt I will find a specific Onza type, and I want to get them ASAP. So would I be likely to be able to buy generic end caps, or other types? Or do I need specific ones.

Cheers

Comments

• if you've got lateral movement in the pedals then the bearings are probably shagged.

You could buy those and try them, might get lucky. If not then new pedals i'm afraid.
  • Joe86
    Joe86 Posts: 180
    if you've got lateral movement in the pedals then the bearings are probably shagged.

You could buy those and try them, might get lucky. If not then new pedals i'm afraid.

Hmmm, I have only had them for about 6 weeks, but saying that I did have a few issues with my clipless shoes and had to really force my foot out of the pedal. Beginner in every way so I had a few issues with most things LOL. So maybe it possible in that space of time.

The only way of knowing if the pedals are busted is by getting a new end cap then? So would I be able to maybe find some other branded end caps that might fit? I intend to try and go to my local LBS, but wanted to see if it was worth the trip.

Thanks