The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
edited September 2009 in MTB general
I have ordered a few things (individually) from CRC since last saturday

Pedals (last sat)
Headset (Monday)
Seatpost (Tuesday)
Grips (Tuesday)
5mm spacer (YESTERDAY)

Grips and spacer turned up today, still no sign of the seatpost, headset, pedals (which were ordered before..????

Also, last saturday, I ordered a saddle and QR collar from Merlin which still hasn't turned up, but I have recieved the forks ordred from them Tuesday???

WTF is going on??? :? :twisted:

Comments

• I have them
    Everything in moderation ... except beer
    Beer in moderation ... is a waste of beer

If riding an XC race bike is like touching the trail,
    then riding a rigid singlespeed is like licking it
    ... or being punched by it, depending on the day
  • fcumok
    fcumok Posts: 283
    Probably all these postal strikes.
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    edited September 2009
    lazy ncuts
  • How dare they????? Don't they know I have bikes to build lol
  • fcumok
    i'm the same. I have a stem somewhere in the royal mail's clutches :(
  • I have so much that I am waiting for that adds up to a lot of dough, if it's not here tomorrow, I shall be calling around, theiving fucking posties around here I tell you, a couple have been caught as well! :twisted:
  • Crankset ordered last Tues: no sign
    Chain guide ordered this Mon: here
    Holiday: Sat

Cheers posties.
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    It's gods way of telling you to buy a Giant.
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    You sure the strikes are still on? I ordered an Oyster Card yesterday morning at 10:30 and had it my hands by 10:30 today! :wink:
  • canada16
    canada16 Posts: 2,360
    Delivered something to machester last week, got there yesterday.

And it was 1st class recorded, 5 working days :shock:
  • oh god, don't choose the recorded delivery option. I've got pages of the stuff from 3 weeks ago and royal mail CS have no idea where it is
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • morxy
    morxy Posts: 114
    It's Royal Mail. They're a disgrace. I ordered a Park Tool Digital Scale. Took 13 days to arrive. Something else I ordered on August 1st only arrived this Tuesday... FIFTY THREE days later. Off the f'ing scale.
  • Guys, don't be fooled into thinking that just because your order was taken that the part you paid for was actually in stock at the time and was dispatched that day. Some sites, not the more reputable ones I might add, will happily take your cash when they are still waiting on stock to arrive.
  • Skonk
    Skonk Posts: 364
    Its not Royal Mail; it's CRC.

They have been like this for ages, sometimes taking yonks to process orders.

I've had simalar issues, ordering several items over several days and the orders I put it first still being "Processing" even after I've recieved the goods I ordered last.

If it wasn't for the fact that they seem to stock more stuff than the other online stores, I would have ditched em ages ago.
    Canyon Spectral AL 9.0 EX
    Planet X RT90 Ultegra Di2
  • I have had emails saying it's been dispatched, yes we are talking about CRC, they are slipping, not on top of their game at all lately, and have been for ages, wiggle on the otherhand have been excellent, but just dont have the clout of CRC....

I shallbe ringing up CRC today!
  • fcumok
    Doesn't bode well for the headset i've just bought from CRC then :(
  • well my headset turned up today, but just my headset... so far I am waiting for:

Pedals
    Seatpost
    Adapter for front brake
    rotor
    saddle
    seatclamp
    Race setting tool
    headset press
    headset cup remover
    starnut tool
    Workstand
    hacksaw
    Files (metal)

fucking joke eh = cunts
  • phoned them all up and gave them merry hell, got what I expected though... oh its the post... derrrrr, but what are you going to do if it doesnt show up, refund, yes, well what about the meantime when I am trying to finish a build off
  • jeez you people whine!! If it's been dispatched by CRC ages ago and floating around in Royal Mail, complain to CRC. I did this when something had taken about 2 weeks, CRC sent another out next day which arrived in 2 days, the day after the original turned up as well.

If it's such a bad service, use a guaranteed delivery :wink:
  • easy to say when your not waiting/build being held up by these poxy delays.........

And if 2 of everything turns up. I am keeping the damn lot! :lol:
  • I've always had a great service from CRC.

Although they are not well advertised, local postal strikes are still going on. Stange as it may seem, items caught up in the backlog often arrive after items sent more recently.

There is a big backlog:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... rrive.html
  • Well, good news, things have turned up (for those who were going through the same problem) still waiting on a couple of bits, but they came, and are fitted, and I am at one with the world!! :D
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    this_thread_is_useless_without_pics.gif
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • New (shorter) seatpost / saddle /QR (for the Sanction)
    s1050658.jpg

New Wellgo B54s (again on the sanction)
    s1050656.jpg

Happy nicklouse? :lol:
  • boooo... lets see the rest :P
  • Batteries died whilst taking the last lot, not much else to foto? Youve seen the forks?

Oh headset/rotor/adapter (a2z) thats it...

My tools wont be here til next week, want photos of them Ben? :lol:
  • Geeeeeeeeeeee, I know just how Cheesey feels! :lol: Still waiting for some forks i bought last week! :roll: Bloody Postman Plod needs to get his arse in gear.
  • I just don't "get" Royal Mail, or more the posties.

Call me naive, but here's my take on the current situation: losing money hand over fist, particularly since competition introduced, cheaper/better alternatives specially where business mail is concerned. Management stick a raft of changes on the table to "rescue" the company. Staff/unions object to changes so go on strike.

Which will all result in... Companies getting annoyed with Royal Mail, finding alternatives in the short term then finding that they're happier with the piece of mind they get knowing that Rival A doesn't have a bunch of thieving moaning work shy arseholes for a workforce that go on strike at the first sign of somebody suggesting there's a different way to do things.

Way to help secure your jobs, dudes.

I know it's never that simple, but hey, if there's one thing internet fora are for, it's over simplistic diatribes about things we're less than qualified to judge :-)
  • scotto
    scotto Posts: 381
    mea00csf wrote:
    jeez you people whine!! If it's been dispatched by CRC ages ago and floating around in Royal Mail, complain to CRC. I did this when something had taken about 2 weeks, CRC sent another out next day which arrived in 2 days, the day after the original turned up as well.

If it's such a bad service, use a guaranteed delivery :wink:

+1 stop moaning