First race... expectations?

2»

Comments

• Bronzie wrote:
    I have gold BC membership and a racing license.
    You have a racing licence but haven't used it by the end of September?

Well it was cheaper to get whilst I was getting the BC membership so I decided to go for it. Unfortunately I wont be able to enter this race on the line either, as a Hill Climb is on the same day and it'll be a definite I can enter the hill climb.
  • Bronzie wrote:
    I have gold BC membership and a racing license.
    You have a racing licence but haven't used it by the end of September?

Well it was cheaper to get whilst I was getting the BC membership so I decided to go for it. Unfortunately I wont be able to enter this race on the line either, as a Hill Climb is on the same day and it'll be a definite I can enter the hill climb.

Well at least you have learnt something about road racing before you've had the chance to actually race - enter well in advance if you want to guarantee a ride in the race. But take the advice of those who've posted already on this topic for your next race. Its always better to enter in advance of your first race so that you can concentrate on all the other preparations without the worry of knowing whether or not you will get a ride or not. Having to think about the race beforehand takes up alot of mental energy anyway and you just need a clear approach to the race as best as possible, e.g. making sure bike is running well, food needs, kit bag, start sheet, etc.

Hope this helps.