Lipy- Er Spicy 316

P-Jay
P-Jay Posts: 1,478
edited September 2009 in MTB general
Oooo I'm tempted.

There's one in my local Tredz for 1800.

I'd switch the wheels for my EN521/Pro2's

Deore chainset for my new SLX and the Deore shifter/SLX set-up for ether my new X9 set-up or at least buy some XT shifters.

I know they're great and my shiney bits would sort some of the low spec issues. The only things that bother me is the 'bottom-of-the-range' 316 badge and whether I could seperated from my old '06 Enduro Expert. I'd need to sell it to buy the Spicy.

Any owners on here? Just tell me how good they are ha ha.

Comments

• P-Jay
    It's still showing as £2k on their website.

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Lapierre-Spicy- ... _25612.htm

They also show a 516, which they didn't have in the shop. But it's a grand more, and after I've swapped my bits it's no where near a grand more bike.

Shame, I'd prefer an air fork and RP2 shock, but not at that price...
  • Shame, I'd prefer an air fork and RP2 shock, but not at that price

Mates just got a 316 for £1800. Plus the shop let him do the cycle to work thingy so its more like a bargantastic £1400!!!! Having given it a blast this bike definitely needs a travel adjust fork as the front end lifts like mad on the climbs with the Van R.

Descends like a dream though.

And that brown is stunning in real life!
  • P-Jay
    Bugger,

I got over the adjustable travel thing. I've got a Talas on my Endruo, but the BB is so low that if I use it on anything other than the road / fire road climbs I smash my pedals everywhere.

Balls to it, I'm fat and old I can't climb well anyway.

I've got to wait till I see a surgeon In November now before it's sensible to buy it, hopfully there will be still some about. 2010 prices are insane.