good review of the Valverde situation from VN

Comments

• What happens if by the time they extend his ban worldwide his 2 year ban in Italy has already been served - can he then just race in Italy and nowhere else !

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • I always thought that if it was extended worldwide it would be from last May, when the one in Italy started.

Also if it was worldwide that would include Italy
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I always thought that if it was extended worldwide it would be from last May, when the one in Italy started.

So - if the ban were to be extended "from last May" - would that mean all results from that time forward be declared null and void?
  • bipedal
    bipedal Posts: 466
    Pokerface wrote:
    I always thought that if it was extended worldwide it would be from last May, when the one in Italy started.

So - if the ban were to be extended "from last May" - would that mean all results from that time forward be declared null and void?

Exactly! What a mess...
  • Yeah, that's what happened when AleJet was banned a few years ago, all of his wins were scratched off from the record.

Same with di Luca in the Giro, he got his second place of him.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Yeah, that's what happened when AleJet was banned a few years ago, all of his wins were scratched off from the record.

Same with di Luca in the Giro, he got his second place of him.

So we could see Samuel Sánchez crowned as the winner of the Vuelta later this year?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    There was an interestingly cryptic post from Cadel Evans's twitter after the Vuelta which said:
    My conclusion of #Vuelta can be found in 'I'll Stick Around' by the Foo Fighters - careful listening required! (Your guess who "you" is)
    2:30 PM Sep 20th from Echofon

A sample lyric from that particular song is:

"I still refuse all the methods you've abused"

Make of that what you will.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    bipedal wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

Exactly! What a mess...
    What are the chances* of him winning on Sunday as well - now that really would be f*cked up. Curse of the Rainbow Jersey anyone?

* - 7.5:1 according to Unibet :wink:
  • RichN95 wrote:

I think you can and people will, you never know it could be talking about Spaniards pushing Valv and Sanchez up the hills and then him being screwed over by the "neutral" service car.

Deliberately cryptic I think, he don't wanna p1ss no one off.

And also, Unibet?!? Are they still going?
  • jim one
    jim one Posts: 183
    RichN95 wrote:

I think you can and people will, you never know it could be talking about Spaniards pushing Valv and Sanchez up the hills and then him being screwed over by the "neutral" service car.

Deliberately cryptic I think, he don't wanna p1ss no one off.

And also, Unibet?!? Are they still going?

To be fair to Evans he is strongly anti doping when asked questions brandishing them "cheats" and other insults which might not be an indication he is clean etc etc; but his tone of voice and body language is that of someone who does not accept drugs as just "preparing". He stresses that it is wrong and something he does not agree with.