Nirvana of Road Rides.

idreamoftailwinds
idreamoftailwinds Posts: 134
edited September 2009 in The bottom bracket
Okay so if you could ride or are lucky enough to have ridden the most awesome location where would it be / was it.

Looking for good roads, light, if any traffic, good climbs great descents, tear evoking vistas.

Photos would be good.

Comments

• Massimo
    Massimo Posts: 318
    The Blue Ridge Parkway than runs 470 miles from North Carolina to Virginia. Simply the most perfect piece of cycling road on the planet...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Ridge_Parkway
    Crash 'n Burn, Peel 'n Chew
    FCN: 2
  • My third ride on the road, but first with other people. I haven't forgotten it, and doubt I ever will.
    We did 50miles in about 3 hours which was amazing, but thats not why. It was the nicest riding weather, warm but too hot, gentle breeze blowing, but no headwind to speak of, a gentle tailwind back home. Just rolling along at a steady 18-20mph, chatting away, enjoying the sun....The kind of ride you dream about when commuting in cold rain.
    We did a century like that about a year ago thinking of it, but that was harder and faster, not so much chatting.

*goes back into dreamland*
    jedster wrote:
    Just off to contemplate my own mortality and inevitable descent into decrepedness.
    FCN 3 or 4 on road depending on clothing
    FCN 8 off road because I'm too old to go racing around.
  • nickcuk
    nickcuk Posts: 275
    Coomanaspig Pass in south west Ireland. You can see the road dropping for 1000ft over a couple of miles and whizz down with feckless abandon (road surface Ok-ish). I started to video the descent but gave up after 10 secs. Crazy top speed - once in a lifetime recklessness.
  • :D:D Loving the blue ridge parkway btw