Bike shows?

borderboy
borderboy Posts: 161
edited September 2009 in MTB general
Hi all

Are there any bike shows coming up in the uk that will have all the big names at
eg
Spesh,Giant ,commencal santa cruz etc (downhill Mainly)
That are open to the public and will be worth going to !!
with kids?
Its all up hill down here

Comments

• Cheers spiro

Had a look at the web site but doesn't seem to be stands from the manufacturers themselves only stockists and not all the big names at that.
    Has any one been to this show before or is it the first year?
    It's a long way to travel for a show so I want to make sure its worth the time and money!
  • I always meant to go to one of the british bike shows, but never got round to it. Isn't there one held at the NEC each year? And another at Olympia London...?

Are there any 'bike shows' that also feature older bikes and vintage MTB's from the past?

KK.
  • GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    What are you looking to get from a show? AFAIK most of the "interesting" ones are pretty much trade only.
  • I am looking for the top makers and models under one roof so that you don,t have to go from store to store trying to see all the different makes and models so you can compare them side by side so to speak.
    We live out in the wilds and it is difficult to get all the bikes we want to see in the same town even. So it sounded like a good idea to go to a show see the bikes all together then find a lbs that stocks the bike we like.
  • The website for the cycleshow is crap, i went last year and thought it was really good i think most manufactorers were there one way another, ill be there this year
    Dont you just love Marin's...i sleep with mine
  • I`ve been to the Cycle show twice beforw and will be going again this year.All the big manufacturers are there,plus lot of the small niche ones whos bikes you never get to see.
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • rackgaki wrote:
    The website for the cycleshow is crap, i went last year and thought it was really good i think most manufactorers were there one way another, ill be there this year

I thought the web site was crap too!!
    what type of bikes were there as we mainly want to look at DH bikes such as the demo glory,evil revolt, mondraker, morewood ,supreme, rocky mountain etc Then components such as brakes shocks forks then clothing shoes etc Will it be worth the trip from wales/shropshire area?
  • well im coming down from Leicestershire which is 121 miles and shropshire is about 50 miles more than that, and i thought it was worth it, whether its worth an extra 50 miles or not, i cant tell you. all i can say is that it was good last year
    Dont you just love Marin's...i sleep with mine
  • You Will Never Know Unless You Go :roll:
  • chubby666 wrote:
    You Will Never Know Unless You Go :roll:
    :roll: ????
    I have three kids and mrs borderboy to take with me, it is a 400 mile round trip by car or 80 miles to catch a train either way it is going to be a bloody expensive, long day out so just wanted to know if it is worth the cash before we go.

cheers rackgaki thats a thumbs up from you then.