Retrofitting Cateye LED Light

brainsys
brainsys Posts: 23
edited September 2009 in Workshop
Returning to cycling - the major advance in the past few years is LED lighting. my problem is that all front lights now appear to be designed to fit front bars. Which is no use if you have a decent sized bar bag.

My beautifully shining chromium traditional (c 1979) lamp bracket is perfectly placed on the front fork. The only way I can get my flashy new Cateye Single Shot to fit is by using a bit of plastic pipe as packing with the supplied flexi-thingy from Cateye. Works OK but looks real ugly.

Does anybody have a more elegant way of marrying new technology to old fittings?

Comments

• picture of the bracket?

usually the best way is with a cork from a (decent and previously drunk) bottle of wine.
  • What a splendid idea. Same design, better finish. French of course. White would be more aesthetic but red would have more body.

You can just see the front fork light bracket in this rather nice old photo of an even earlier vintage Dawes Galaxy. Now I realise the true purpose of the bottle cages for carrying spare corks in situ ... just in case!

stf_30.jpg

Cheers!