Evans - Good Service

Steve_b77
Steve_b77 Posts: 1,680
edited September 2009 in MTB general
I called in at the Evans store in the West End (London) this lunch time to have a look for a pannier rack and a pannier bag for my commute on my Boardman comp.

They had just what I was looking for and were very helpful, the guy threw in a couple of small allen bolts to bolt the rack to my frame - the Boardman doesn't come with tehm by the drop-outs, and also gave me an Altura shoulder strap for the pannier bag as the one I bought didn't come with one.

Excellent service in my mind, I'd recommend this branch if you're down that way and need anythign commuter/roadie based.

Unlike Halfords in Chester on Saturday who were worse than feckin useless and said that the Topeak rack in the clearance section was the correct price at £48, despite it not even having any packaging/instructions and they wouldn't price match anyone!!

Comments

• Cps
    Cps Posts: 356
    Guess Evans like other multiple retailers has good and bad sites

I went to their new store in birmingham for some brake pads - I wasn't sure which ones I needed so I showed the sales guy the brakes I had on a showroom bike - asked what type of pad I needed - and in response he just pointed to the other side of the store and said the pads were over there - well I knew that myself - what I didn't know was which pads I needed - nor did he !!! so 1/10 for customer service there.

Went to a very small LBS - got what I needed -

Morale ..............................!
  • I use Evans for everything. Never pay their prices though as I always end up getting a price match re jejejames e.t.c. Got my bike there (Evans) £400 instead of £586 - thanks Edinburgh Bike Co-op for that :)
  • pte1643
    pte1643 Posts: 518
    Just ordered my Daughters new bike from Evans.

Ordered last Monday, came Friday.

Also included a decent Pedal Spanner (similar to Park Tools PW-5) and Multi-Tool (Similar to the Topeak X Tool), not the usual "Tin-Foil" crap you normally get.

Was a nice little touch.

Was my first time dealing with Evans, but on this experience I'd use them again.
  • nonnac85
    nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
    I always use Evans in Milton Keynes snowdome. Even on a weekend they will happily spend time with you and give you advice. And they price match to the www too.
    My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    bought bike from evans plus mail ordered goodies , no problems good service.