wakefield riders ?

mickyp
mickyp Posts: 21
edited November 2009 in MTB rides
does anyone ride out this way ? new to the areaa !
if jesus was still alive he too would ride MTB !

Comments

• I do. I'm at Methley and regularly ride over Wakey (Walton woods, Newmillerdam, TPT etc.). Google Bad brains mtb, for local club, they meet Tues and Thurs, I've only managed to get out with them once as I've not got lights yet. Great bunch who know all the local routes.
  • Bad Brains MBC

Check out the forum for the latest rides.
    Is it rideable?
  • mickyp
    yeah i have been emailing STAN about bad brains but at the mo thursday nights are no good for me, anyone know any good routes out this way for the winter months ?
  • hi, im new to mtb, and am from wakefield

wouldnt mind learning some routes or if anyone wants to show a noob how to go on

i tried wharncliffe last week altho i felt out of place on my old bike i dug out of the garage.
    no doubt i`ll be investing in a new bike over the next few months

pm me if anyone can help
    adam
    Carerra Fury 08
  • mickyp wrote:
    yeah i have been emailing STAN about bad brains but at the mo thursday nights are no good for me, anyone know any good routes out this way for the winter months ?

Try the "Newmiller Dambuster", "Ring around New Hall", "Crofton, Wooley, Wakey" & "Ferry Boat two pinter" from this link

http://www.bikely.com/listpaths/srchkey ... %2CTouring
  • Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    i'd be up for riding tha some time. Live out at Clayton West. Would take me too long to pedal over to NM dam
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • mickyp
    looks like fun but the maps are no good as not very clear, does anyone have anything more on this ?
  • mickyp wrote:
    looks like fun but the maps are no good as not very clear, does anyone have anything more on this ?

Have you found anything yet, Micky?
    Is it rideable?