chriskempton
chriskempton Posts: 1,245
edited September 2009 in Pro race
Is it all on Eurosport this year?

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    yes
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    It's also on the BBC - via the red button and the website.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95 wrote:
    It's also on the BBC - via the red button and the website.

Great news - I have Eurosport Player, but it's cr*p.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    See if you can spot the difference between Hugh Porter's rider ID skills when he does a) live commentary and b) pre-recorded commentary.
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Also Sunday's men's race on BBC2!!!!!! :shock: even if only highlights...
    16:50–17:50 Cycling
    World Road Championships 2009, 27/09/2009
    Jill Douglas with the men's road race at the 2009 World Championships in Switzerland.
  • woody-som
    woody-som Posts: 1,001
    Anyone noticed the BBC coverage for the highlights, the womens race gets 1hr while the mens race which is longer gets 45mins of highlights, not complaining much the women look better ;D
  • Oh yeah Hugh Porter is much different when doing live commentary, on the TV during the TOB it's (from a long shot too) "That looks like x rider", his PA audio in London was "I wonder who's in a break, there's an Agritubel rider" when 1 lap before even i saw the "1" on his back.

But Hugh Porter is a good sport and a nice guy, so i can't complain about him.
  • Birillo
    Birillo Posts: 417
    According to the schedule, International Eurosport is covering all the TTs, the women's road race on Saturday, but not the men's u23. Several hours of pro race coverage on Sunday.
  • The website for British Eurosport is saying that coverage starts at 9am for Sundays men race all the way through to 16:30.

Just think of how many times Sean is going to utter either "certainly", "yis" or "on the rivet" during that marathon session :D:D
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    The good thing about Eurosport's coverage of the Worlds is that the commentators are actually there, so usually get a load of guests in to talk to. That breaks it up a bit and makes it easier to endure (a 6 or 7 seven hour race is even stretching it for the most ardent of cycling fans!)

My guess is there'll be a lot of conversations about Sky.
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    afx237vi wrote:
    The good thing about Eurosport's coverage of the Worlds is that the commentators are actually there, so usually get a load of guests in to talk to.

+1 on that score... still here is the BBC red button schedule for those without Eurosport:

Wednesday 23
    Cycling, World Road Championships
    1300-1645 Live coverage of the World Road Cycling Championships - Women's Time Trial from Switzerland

Thursday 24
    1030-1600 Live coverage of the World Road Cycling Championships - Men's Time Trial from Switzerland

Saturday 26
    0800-1130 Live coverage of the World Road Championships - Women's Road Race from Switzerland

Sunday 27
    0930-1630 Live coverage of the World Road Championships - Men's Road Race from Switzerland
  • Bit of an early start/finish for the ladies' RR.... I'll have to record it and watch later.
  • I wonder if it will be available on bbc iplayer as well? I'll be at work and theres no way you can sky + red button stuff :(
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I wonder if it will be available on bbc iplayer as well? I'll be at work and theres no way you can sky + red button stuff :(

They'll be showing it on their website.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • GAWOOD wrote:

Just think of how many times Sean is going to utter either "certainly", "yis" or "on the rivet" during that marathon session :D:D

At least Torty or forty times :wink:
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000
  • I wonder if it will be available on bbc iplayer as well? I'll be at work and theres no way you can sky + red button stuff :(

You can tape red button coverage off the BBC though.
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    GAWOOD wrote:

At least Torty or forty times :wink:

He has stopped saying "certainly" (and any variation thereof) ... I guess he reads here :-)
    www.dotcycling.com