Tell me about Japan..

2»

Comments

• Splasher
    Splasher Posts: 1,528
    I've been to Japan aorund 10 times on business. I struggle with the jet-lag and the food but I love the place. There's plenty of food choice available so if you're free to choose you'll find plenty you like, but on business, the firm we visit taks us out every night and pre-orders a very traditional meal. All the usual tofu, gizzards, sea urchin, squid legs etc. Once it's covered in wasabi, it all tastes the same mind you.

I'm not sure of the value in taking a mountain bike though.
    "Internet Forums - an amazing world where outright falsehoods become cyber-facts with a few witty key taps and a carefully placed emoticon."
  • RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    missmarple wrote:
    Isn't the OP underage? :oops:

Here I am..

Anyone know the drinking age in Japan? Looked it up on wikipedia, and it said 20.. But I really don't want to believe that.
  • RealMan wrote:
    missmarple wrote:
    Isn't the OP underage? :oops:

Here I am..

Anyone know the drinking age in Japan? Looked it up on wikipedia, and it said 20.. But I really don't want to believe that.

Hi - It is 20 but it's not particularly strict plus unless you're really young looking you'll probably pass for older than 20 in Japan. If you're really desperate you can buy from a convenience store (combini) or from a street vending machine (which don't get abused unlike they would do over here).
  • Splasher wrote:
    I've been to Japan aorund 10 times on business. I struggle with the jet-lag and the food but I love the place.....

Oh god, how could I forget about the jet lag?!! I didn't know if I was coming or going!

Probably didn't help that we were at the service park til around 9pm then back to the hotel- then on the cleanest most effiecent subway into the city centre for about 11pm. I tell ya its the country that never sleeps- folk out shopping at 2am! :shock:
    08 Pitch Pro
    14 Kona Unit
    Kona Kula SS
    Trailstar SS
    94 Univega Alpina 5.3