fastest c2c ( whitehaven to tynemouth )

carrock
carrock Posts: 1,103
edited October 2009 in Tour & expedition
Just been an article in local paper about some bloke, a policeman actually, who's done the c2c in 5 hours 20 minutes.... :shock:

Thats 150 odd miles- he carried no luggage but had 2 domestiques handing him food and water

Scarcely believable- although he went a slightly different route- whitehaven workington penrith alston hexham newcastle tynemouth

What a hero

Comments

• amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    If he went Workington - Tynemouth using man roads then it could have been as short as 115 miles. I can't see why he'd start in Whitehaven and then go to Workington though. You can start at either as they're both on the coast. If he did the shorter, main road route then its not particularly hilly (compared to the 'normal' route anyway) so 5h20min would still be a very good time, but only an average speed of <22mph.
    More problems but still living....
  • r3 guy
    r3 guy Posts: 229
    Last weekend I did the ctc (morecambe to scarborough) 151 miles in 9 hours and 22 minutes. Dang ! 5 hours !! That's fast
  • nick hanson
    nick hanson Posts: 1,655
    r3 guy wrote:
    Last weekend I did the ctc (morecambe to scarborough) 151 miles in 9 hours and 22 minutes. Dang ! 5 hours !! That's fast
    Good going,that!,well done
    so many cols,so little time!