Maxxis Highroller LUST 2.1

ads4
ads4 Posts: 698
edited September 2009 in MTB general
Just thought I'd publicise my appreciation of these awesome tyres! I've read a lot of good reviews in WMB and MBUK and subsequently went for a set to go with my new wheels...OMG, what an awesome tyre! The grip round bends is miles better than any tyre I've used before on this bike (Bonty XDX and Conti Vertical) and they roll so quickly on hardpack it's just amazing. Totally chuffed and loving these rubbers and the new found confidence they have given me :)
Adam.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Current ride - Yeti ASR 5a X0

Comments

• +1 I have the non UST version of this tyre on the back of my singlespeed. It is, as you say, most awesome

on that note; anyone know where to get the Kevlar singleply 2.35 High Roller? I can't find it in stock anywhere and want it to replace the wire one on my burlybike
    Everything in moderation ... except beer
    Beer in moderation ... is a waste of beer

If riding an XC race bike is like touching the trail,
    then riding a rigid singlespeed is like licking it
    ... or being punched by it, depending on the day
  • ads4
    ads4 Posts: 698
    Bought mine from Just Riding Along, they had a good selection of XC, DH and FR Highrollers. £2.50 delivery too :)
    Adam.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Current ride - Yeti ASR 5a X0
  • cheers, I'll have a look.

• nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    I had the 2.35 HR LUST up front for a while, it did work pretty well but it weighs a ton, swapped with a non-UST Blue Groove in the end that seems to be working well tubeless.
  • yeah, the LUST is >800gr according to Maxxis' site (similar to the singleply 2.35 steel bead HR). they do a non UST 2.36 kevlar singleply that is <600 though ... if you can find it in stock, and jra (like wiggle, CRC and everywhere else I've looked) don't have it :cry: