Where to weigh my bike?

Darra8
Darra8 Posts: 721
edited September 2009 in MTB general
I need to weight my bike, as I have been trying to get the weight down and would like to see how much weight it's lost. I have tried the bathroom scales, but having tried a bag of sugar on them, have realised they are not very accurate. Do most bike shops have scales?

Cheers,

Steve
40 year old pussy who "still" hates the thought of falling off!!

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    some do some dont.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Buy one of these spring scales. Weighs up to 50 kg (as a mountain biker you may need all of that!) and costs £4.66

http://www.sparicom.com/Items/Item.aspx?SKU=250394
  • Weigh yourself on the scales, then hold your bike and weigh yourself. The difference in weight is what your bike weighs.
  • asdfhjkl wrote:
    Weigh yourself on the scales, then hold your bike and weigh yourself. The difference in weight is what your bike weighs.

He's already said he doesn't think they're that accurate.

As Nicklouse already said some do some don't, best thing is to ring around and ask. Or invest in some decent bathroom scales.
  • I've weighed mine at the local Boots the chemist and coop supermarket, did it first thing in the morning as the doors were opening. I asked nicely. The girls in Boots found it highly amusing - even bought some hooker red nail varnish for the rotor bolts, they were p!ss!ng themselves when I pointed and told them what it was for.