Tour Equipment list

pimptovimto
pimptovimto Posts: 56
edited September 2009 in Tour & expedition
Hi Folks'

Could you help with putting together a list of items I need for a camping tour round the UK. No real idea of what will need so any and all recommendations are welcome.

thanks

PV

Comments

• I depends on what you plan to do.
    camp or b&b
  • deal
    deal Posts: 857
    head over to crazyguyonabike.com and read some of the journals most will have an equipment list, use a couple of these lists and a bit of common sence and you will likely come up with a good list.
  • Waterproofs
    Clothes to wear on bike/clothes to wear off bike
    Tent or bivi or tarp however you want to do it, some kind of shelter.
    Basic cooking kit
    Basic tool set
    spare inner tubes
    sleeping bag and sleeping mat
    basic dry food supplies/snacks
    a bike

a few extra bits n bobs, whatever you feel you might need but probably don't possibly even the kitchen sink...
    the rest you'll get on the way or get rid of on the way!
    'since the flaming telly's been taken away, we don't even know if the Queen of Englands gone off with the dustman'.
    Lizzie Birdsworth, Episode 64, Prisoner Cell Block H.
  • Thank you all, these site and lists are perfect
  • Just back from first ever cycle tour.
    Its simple - pack as little as you possibly need then discard half of it.
    Weight is the god - the less the better. Do not camp, hostel. If you must camp get lightest tent/bag you can afford. Dont bring spare shoes, just the ones you use on bike.
    Small stove, small gas, buy most stuff on route if possible. Those hills kill with too much kit!!
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • deal
    deal Posts: 857
    Do not camp, hostel.

:roll:

Many people enjoy camping, and even if you intend to mostly use hotels/hostels its always nice and reasurring to know that should the need arise you are carrying an accommodation option with you.
  • Hi

I am putting a price list together from one of the lists I have found can anyone recommed some items for me and also if they know a rough cost

Rear Pannier Bags
    Font Pannier Bags
    Bar Bag
    A good Pump

As always,
    Thanks

PV
  • andymiller
    andymiller Posts: 2,856
    Hi

I am putting a price list together from one of the lists I have found can anyone recommed some items for me and also if they know a rough cost

Rear Pannier Bags
    Font Pannier Bags
    Bar Bag
    A good Pump

As always,
    Thanks

PV

Check Wiggle for prices - £50-£80. dhb? Altura? or Ortlieb depending on your budget.

The ToPeak turbomorph is an excellent pump (but a bit heavy and bulky)