My new ride: Gt Sanction 1.0 on it's way!!!

The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
edited September 2009 in MTB general
I have just ordered my new AM rig, GT Sanction 1.0!!!

Always regretted selling my GT Force, and needed a good 160mm AM/Trail rig, I sold my Marin Quake (too much for me, and injury meant that I could never give it the abuse it deserved) sad to see her go but this is coming next week!!! :)

prodimg5.jpg

Can't wait, ordered a set of Wellgo B54 pedals, and a new saddle (SDG Bel Air Ti) then she's good to go, Ohhhhh I'm all excited lol!

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Best value big hit full susser on the market by a country mile.
  • Aye, incredible spec too, full XT, Saint, Lyriks, Thomson

Was £2499, I picked it up for £1550, not bad eh?

And as we have discussed in the past, arguably one of the best looking frames IMO, I don't feel so bad about selling the Force now I have this coming, and looking forward to testing out the Wellgos, £24.99 - incredible value!!!!

:D
  • supersonic
    I'd still think about changing the big Lyrics for the new 150mm Rev if yoiu fancy lightening the front end up - should save nearly 2lbs.
  • I'll give them (Lyriks) a go, see how I get on, It's alwas possible I could sell them and buy some Revs, the Lyriks seem to shift quite easily on the market!

I hope I don't have any trouble with the 2-step internals.... :lol:
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Ooh, nice... Is that the same frame as the Force? Or does it just look similiar?
    Uncompromising extremist
  • supersonic
    Very similar - jus a bit of extra gusseting. Angles are slacke, but that just maybe the longer fork.

GT claim a weight of 6.7lbs for the frame. i think it is more than that lol.
  • Northwind
    Ah, I could see it was slacker but I was thinking maybe that's just because its forks are longer thna my driveway. I'd been puzzling over why the Force has 160mm rear travel and only usually 140mm fron til I saw this.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • supersonic
    Both are nominally 6 inches.
  • that is a very nice rig,where did you order it from?
    Has it got the older Saint chainset on it?
    I assume this is French petrol - be careful in reverse - the car will retreat rapidly at the least provocation.
  • that is a very nice rig,where did you order it from?
    Has it got the older Saint chainset on it?

Pauls cycles, ordered my GT Force from them as well, great shop, great prices...

Yes, it has the older style saint on....... ;)
  • Northwind wrote:
    Ooh, nice... Is that the same frame as the Force? Or does it just look similiar?

Exactly the same, but as sonic said, just extra gusseting around the headtube!
  • Northwind
    It's bloody lovely anyway. Looks like the same frame on the Halfords I-drive 6 Freeride as well. I've no use for a 6 inch bouncer but I'd still like one of these :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • that is a seriously good deal you got
    CRC are flogging them for 1999
    I assume this is French petrol - be careful in reverse - the car will retreat rapidly at the least provocation.
  • that is a seriously good deal you got
    CRC are flogging them for 1999

I got the top of the range, XT loaded Gt Force 1.0 (Normally £2000) for £1,199 from them also, sold it in a fit of stupidity, Pauls are great for deals, seriously worth checking out! :)
  • Cheesey wrote:
    Was £2499, I picked it up for £1550, not bad eh?[:D

That is an effing bargin!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    NICE!!!!!!
  • Davy-g
    Davy-g Posts: 401
    8) schweeeet.. 8)

wos the frame size in inches?, and wos the total weight of the machine...
  • Not sure of 'actual' dimensions, as soon as i know i shall post them up, seriously good buy though!!!!!!

AWESOME bit of kit, GT nailed it in more ways than one, the frame design on this is awesome!! 8)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    that is severly cool looking,
  • i have just got a force in large of pauls its 19" and fits me fine and im 6'1" pauls are top bods ordered it fri aft they said it would be with me wends aft it turned up tue morn love the bike
    if i had my time again would i take the time to make the right choices

naa thats no fun
  • I'm borderline M/L in most frames as I am a shade under 6' (we're talking MMs here lol)

I opted for the medium in both the Force and the Sanction, as I wanted an amount of 'chuckability' on the rig,

Can't wait to get this one out on the trails, recovering from broken ribs so will have to go gently though!!! :(

And yes, the guys at paul's are great, helpful and those prices just cannot be beaten!!!
  • Northwind
    It looks pretty amazing, like there's a coral reef somewhere with loads of bike frames growing out of it and sometimes they just snip off the ones that are mature :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • yep, very organic looking frames :D
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    Very nice cheesey. Its a great deal on pauls too :D
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1