OK, so tubeless sealant eats Kendas, right?

Northwind
Northwind Posts: 14,675
edited September 2009 in MTB general
Anyone know how fast? Thinking I might have a play around once I fix my back wheel... Just wondering if the tyre will melt faster than it wears out :lol:
Uncompromising extremist

Comments

• dunno about that combo but there are known compatibility issues between Stans and Schwalbe tyres which I find wierd as I've been using Stans in my nobby nic front tyre for the last year with (fingers crossed) no noticable effect (beyond no more punctures) so far.

why not email Kenda and ask them?
    Everything in moderation ... except beer
    Beer in moderation ... is a waste of beer

If riding an XC race bike is like touching the trail,
    then riding a rigid singlespeed is like licking it
    ... or being punched by it, depending on the day
  • Kenda tyres come with a big disclaimer,on the card warning,against using any sealant.
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • Northwind
    why not email Kenda and ask them?

Because they write DON'T **** ABOUT WITH SEALANT on the tyre packaging :lol: So there's their answer. But I know people have used it succesfully, for a while at least. Te question's just how long really.

I've decided to sacrificie a nearly-worn-out Blue Groove to the gods of tubeless and see what it does. I'm secretly hoping it melts and dribbles over the floor :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    Northwind wrote:
    I've decided to sacrificie a nearly-worn-out Blue Groove to the gods of tubeless and see what it does. I'm secretly hoping it melts and dribbles over the floor

I take it you're using someone else's floor :twisted:
  • Northwind
    Nah, my garage floor is now 99% spilled paint, ancient dried in oil, dropped bolts and Mystery Stains. I'm going for the last 1%.
    Uncompromising extremist