new to all this and just did cheddar

numbereightyone
numbereightyone Posts: 2
edited September 2009 in MTB beginners
hello all.
I am new to mountain biking, left it a bit late at 37 years old but thats life.
I just did cheddar bike fest and am now hooked.
All the riders were really polite when I held them up on the hills !
I really found it enjoyable. :)

Comments

• Its a great sport mate and this is an amazing forum! Some really nice people on here with great knowledge just a click away! Enjoy :)
    Scott
    "If i was a slug i don't think i could handle it, i'd just throw myself in the salt pot" -Karl pilkington

Whyte 46, i fall off it alot!!
  • Hi 81, I'll second Scott on that, great forum, good peeps here. Helped me out some anyway.

I'm 29 and just bought me a bike a few weeks back, can't wait until I can use it properly, lol.

Have fun.

:D
    Go listen to... www.wefunkradio.com
  • Hi 81, dont worry I restarted riding at the grand old age of 40 and am still having fun fun fun five years on!! havent ridden the cheddar challenge yet myself but rode the Lavington blast today for the 4th time and had superb fun yet again, it gets better every year.
  • joec1
    joec1 Posts: 494
    konanige wrote:
    Hi 81, dont worry I restarted riding at the grand old age of 40 and am still having fun fun fun five years on!! havent ridden the cheddar challenge yet myself but rode the Lavington blast today for the 4th time and had superb fun yet again, it gets better every year.

Me too... i was riding the 25km route.. im 23 and was the "slow one" haha came 49th in the class though.

its never too late to give it a go. and im really pleased i took part. like you 81, i was really suprised with everyones helpful polite nature. im used to motorcross endureos where the "passing on the right" is replaced with get out the ****** way "BANG" haha.

the problems i have is understanding all the lingo and technical jibe... but its coming to me...

Good luck and happy riding buddy
    www.settingascene.com - MTBing in Wilts and the southwest, join up for info and ride details.