Another Newbie

shinydaz
shinydaz Posts: 3
edited September 2009 in MTB beginners
Hi all

As the title states I'm relatively new to pedel pushing, have done motocross and for the last 3 years greenlaning. Have now got the manual biking bug and am looking to buy my first seroius bike.

I currently have the much slated Apollo fs 26 se, which has been great as a starter bike, but has now served its purpose.

Not really too sure on which bike to go for ( hard tail or full sus. ), I have a budget of £0 - £500 and would really like some pointers on which type of bike to go for and also what benefits I would have over a hard tail V. full sus.

I know its my first post and seem to asking alot but any advice would be gratefully recieved.

Cheers

Shiny

Comments

• i have done Motocross as well and would recommend full suss as i like to get air and love the descent side of mountain biking ,but really depends on what you are going to use the bike for !
  • i wouldn't recommend getting a fs with a budget of £500! i had the same budget but ended getting a longer travel XC bike. what are you planning using it for?
    Genesis Core 20
  • Hi bear baun
    Planning to use for trail riding, maybe a bit of hill riding, I'm not looking to buy an FS, its what I currently use but am looking to upgrade
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Have a look at our What Bike threads in the Buying section - a good starting place for you.