Ridging with a trapped nerve

XxxBFGxxX
XxxBFGxxX Posts: 1,355
edited September 2009 in Health, fitness & training
Just a quick one realy. I trapped a nerve in my back a few year ago and recently it came on real bad pains down my legs grion and rear lower back. Finaly been revedto a phsyo to get it sorted out.

but wat i can understand is walking hurts like hell but riding actualy eases it of can any one expain why this is. I am asking coz i am due bac to work monday and that is the first thing there gonna ask me how come ia m still riding my bikes.

cheers in advance

Comments

• Not sure i can really answer you that but i was ambulanced to hospital with Sciatica (muscles totally clamped up on the sciatic nerve which is want yours sounds like) I never tried to bike, but walking was excruciating. I found sitting still very uncomfortable so was constantly moving around.

I was told to keep moving but not to push it, complete imobility, i was told, was the worst thing i could have done (since we live opposite a Tesco, i made a point of going across to buy my lunch everyday, which on the first few days had me grabbing some shelves in the middle of tescos, taking a few deep breaths and a little sob as it hurt so much before carrying on :oops: )

I'd just say you've been told to gently exercise it, and you found that to be the most comfortable