It's done! Keyhole surgery on my shoulder.

Nik_B
Nik_B Posts: 270
edited September 2009 in Health, fitness & training
I've finally had my keyhole surgery, I wrote a thread some time back where I thought it was a rotator cuff injury.

I actually had calcification on the tendon which is like a large ball of hard chalk like material which had grown between my upper and lower tendon in my shoulder. This was restricting movement and causing tendonitis. I also had a tear in the bicep which actually goes up into the top of your shoulder.

The surgeon using keyhole technology has gone in and cut the tendon then scooped out the calcification, then drilled holes in the bone below the tendon to encourage it to grow back in teh cavity adn then sown up the tendon. Then he repared the bicept which was showing signs of tearing and also put in an anchor and drilled the bone there as well.

I think the anesthetist got the block in the wrong place as when I woak up I could feel my arm and was in agony but after the morphein the pain subsided....hmmmm :lol::lol:

I was released the same day and to my suprise I am not in that much pain. I have physio for the next 2 months and full recovery may take 6 months but I might be able to get back on the bike for gentle riding after 4-8 weeks!

I feel so happy now it is done and wish that I had had it sorted ages ago. I suffered this for 3 years.

Anyway thought I'd just update on the last thread.

p.s Stopping smoking also has its benefits as it will heal much faster!

5 Months going strong!!!!!!

Still havent bought my reward bike yet but might build one instead to give me something to do....expect a Inbred/456/what steel frame thread soon :lol: