wyre trails????

elsarott
elsarott Posts: 4
edited September 2009 in MTB rides
As a regular in the Wyre I think to myself every ride that it has masses of potential and developement....It could be as good as the likes of the Dog at Cannock / TNF Grizedale and far better than Delamere!!!
Its well placed being the opposite side of Birmingham from Cannock and so providing the West Midlands with a desperately needed second centre.
The single track is great and already has some fantasic natural loops without too much boring fire road. (unlike TNF lol.)
It seems that if the forest got onboard, put as much effort into it as they do putting up all the 'No Bike' signs then it would be a monster success and benefit us all.
Has anyone else had the same thoughts??????? Has anyone approched the Forest before???? Has anyone started recording the singletrack location (Starts and finishes etc) ??????

Comments

• I think the forestry did consider the idea a couple of years ago but decided against the idea as they didnt want it to get a busy as cannock chase. I think it could be far better than follow the dog at cannock but reckon it's best left alone for us :D
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Now look here Mr Elsarott (I know who you are :wink: ) - most of the best singletrack is in cheeky areas, including the Camber, which is a recent addition to the "Nature Reserve" signs which have gone up in the last few weeks. IMO if the forestry were approached they would chuck us over the road into the Buttonoak side which would be very disappointing for all. They seem to be encouraging more horse riding at the moment including carriage driving. If they wanted mountain biking to take off in there, they would have done it by now. Please don't approach the forestry commission otherwise I'll have a word with the pigs and have them set upon you :wink::lol: