Cateye Strada resetting itself. Am I the only one?

x8swift9x
x8swift9x Posts: 268
edited September 2009 in Workshop
Morning all. I have the Strada wired version and every so often it happens to reset Dist1 whilst out on a ride. It happened today when I was actually looking at it (not touching) So I now know it's not me knocking it by accident.

I know lots of you have the strada, is this a common problem? I was thinking about uprgading to the wireless cadence strada for my new bike. This problem slightly puts me off though. Thanks.
Road: Felt AR0, Di2
Touring/commute: Dolan Multricross
TT: PX Exocet Sold because it was like a sail in the wind (sh*t)

Comments

• Mine jumps back to wheel size setting. (2 years old)
  • robrauy
    robrauy Posts: 252
    Had exactly same problem with the wired one...

Bought the wireless one for my new bike based on all the good reviews and it's been fine.
  • elcani
    elcani Posts: 280
    Funnily enough, I'm sure my Strada Wireless reset Distance 2 on my last ride. Anyway, I'm 99% sure it wasn't me who did it!
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    not a wired comment but...

the last two wireless Stradas I've had have packed in within a month, so I've had to send it back twice now. I'm not sure what I'm going to fit next time but it won't be another wireless Strada...
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • N4PALM
    N4PALM Posts: 240
    Maybe replace the battery and see if that solves the problem, sometimes batteries nearing the end of their life can cause all kinds of problems and erratic behaviour with electronic devices, there is a proper technical term for it but I forget now.

My Strada Cadence has been completely fine except for this one time in heavy rain but popping it out of the cradle and back in cleared the water off the contacts and sorted that out.