Can't believe ToB hightlights not till 10:30 tonight...

ForumNewbie
ForumNewbie Posts: 1,664
edited September 2009 in Pro race
... it's on so late because there are showing Europa League football live on ITV4. I could understand if it was one of the British team's matches, but no, it's Athletico Bilbao v. Austra Vienna that's on now. What's that all about then? Surely the ToB would get bigger viewing figures than a match like that.

Comments

• Maybe you didn't see the ratings for ITV4 during the Tour. Startling is one word you could use. Unsurprising would be another though.

Something like 300,000 people if I recall the figure properly
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Maybe you didn't see the ratings for ITV4 during the Tour. Startling is one word you could use. Unsurprising would be another though.

Something like 300,000 people if I recall the figure properly

They got up to 600,000 at their peak - that's very good for ITV4, one of the their most watched shows.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Don't complain, for us lot over the channel we have to wait another hour. It's past my bedtime!
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Agree with the 1st post outrageous. Would have been ok if it were a British team but 2 johnny foreign teams?

Gave me something to watch though with my coffee this morning.
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Suited me fine - out with running club at 7pm, not home until 8:30, assumed I'd missed it until I realised it was on late 8)
  • eh
    eh Posts: 4,854
    Was a better time for me, meant I could go out on the bike without missing it. Although to be honest the stages have been so dull this year I was tempted not to bother turning it on. Why, oh why have a hilly stage with a great big flat run into the finnish? It just plays into the big teams hands.