New personal best last night

Harry B
Harry B Posts: 1,239
edited September 2009 in Commuting chat
Oh yes :D I took 2 minutes off my time. I'm now down to 1hr 14min :shock:

I was on fire last night. I've lost count of the scalps I took on my way home 8)

I hope I can keep it going for Sundays TT but I guess that depends of what/how much I have to drink on Saturday night :wink:

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,061
    Chapeau

How much more time is left in your commute if you get what I mean? could you do it quicker and live to tell the tale?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • strange night to do it, unless you live south of where you work? I always find this dense colder air is harder to push through than warm summer air!
  • salsajake wrote:
    strange night to do it, unless you live south of where you work? I always find this dense colder air is harder to push through than warm summer air!

Ahhh.... but the denser air has more oxygen per volume, so your specific lung capacity is increased :wink:

I always used to love REALLY cold Winter days when I had my Calibra Turbo - I would soak the FMIC the night before and have this solid block of ice to cool the charged air first thing in the morning.

God I used to get some silly boost pressures :twisted:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Harry B
    itboffin wrote:
    Chapeau

How much more time is left in your commute if you get what I mean? could you do it quicker and live to tell the tale?

Without the traffic and wind I think I could have taken another 2 minutes out of it.

When I first started commuting the time was over 2hr 30. I got it down to 2hr 20 within about 6 months (losing at least a stone in the process) but its getting harder and harder to squeeze more time out. On empty roads and with no traffic lights its probably a 1hr ride max (its about 20 miles) but even with the Garmin on auto pause deccelarting and accelerating takes a lot of time :cry:

Its great fun. I had to come by tube today (drinks thingy tonight with clients and lycra wouldn't be welcome) for the first time in a while. It was horrendous :evil:

I'm in a really good place with my cycling at the moment, getting out of bed easily (that was a problem) and looking forward to the commute. Long may it remain
  • Harry B
    salsajake wrote:
    strange night to do it, unless you live south of where you work? I always find this dense colder air is harder to push through than warm summer air!

But its cooler and you can put more effort in than during hotter (?) summer weather
  • Harry B wrote:
    salsajake wrote:

But its cooler and you can put more effort in than during hotter (?) summer weather

Not for me, I love it when its hot, it just puts me in a good mood and makes me go fast, when its 10 degrees and overcast I just tend to trudge. I seem to ride like my mood.