Stolen Bike

Strasner
Strasner Posts: 16
edited September 2009 in Commuting chat
so, after coming back ont he train to ride home for the 3rd time on my shiny new bike i find that it is no longer in the station bike parking section.

It was chained up to a metal thing on what was sold to me as almost impossible to cut through, but somehow i am now left with a cut in half chain that was left on the floor and a long 4 mile walk home

this is what i get for trying to loose my summer beer belly

Comments

• doog442
    doog442 Posts: 370
    cycling 4 miles wont get rid of the belly....40 miles may help however

try running it :wink: (I guess you can start tomorrow)

as for the bike...sorry to hear of your loss
  • was going to work my way up going to the next station along and keep going until i could do the 20 miles to work easily, but alas i cant do that now on a nice new bike.

ill have to get a crappy £30 one from the paper
  • AndyManc
    AndyManc Posts: 1,393
    Strasner wrote:
    ill have to get a crappy £30 one from the paper

It's the best way, never leave anything shiny at a railway station unless they've got those 'lock-up' box things and CCTV.... and even then ............ :roll:

Specialized Hardrock Pro/Trek FX 7.3 Hybrid/Specialized Enduro/Specialized Tri-Cross Sport
    URBAN_MANC.png
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    What bike was it and what lock/chain did you use? Which station so others can be on the look out?
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • it was a carrera subway 2 (bought in the sale) locked up with a mid-range ABUS lock which cost about £35

there is a CCTV camera there but the ofice was shut when i got back from work so ill have to wait until tomorrow to talk to them about watching the tapes...

also checking ebay/gumtree to see if it appears on there. if it does ill send the boys round