Minehead and area

pethau twp
pethau twp Posts: 46
edited September 2009 in MTB rides
Hi there,

I've just been sent to do some holida cover in Minehead, Somerset and was wondering if anyone could recoment any decent trails. I normally like to have a few jumps etc included when i'm out but will take whatever!!

Many thanks

Comments

• Hiya,

suprisingly - the tourist info centre in minehead (near the steam railway stn) do a good leaflet with a number of different lengths of trail - and its free ! - also if you can find it
    also this site / mag is well worth a look. http://www.activeexmoor.com/

they probably have these in the info office too - have fun !
    :D
    Falcon Sierra - 80's
    Muddy Fox Courier - 80's
    GT Palomar 90's
    GT Zaskar LE - 90's
    Cannondale k v 900 90's
    Santa Cruz Bullit - now
    Orange Evo 8 STOLEN 26/09/10
    Orange P7 Pro
    Lots of kites.
  • Hi,
    I got the South West mtb book by Nick Cotton which has some good routes to follow in Exmoor,Quantocks an Dartmoor.
    I just get out the OS map when i'm down there. There is a couple of trails to follow in Dunster Forest.
    There are a couple of ways of getting down off North Hill which are good.
    You could always Pop into Pompys on Mart Road in Minehead they are nice guy's they'll point you in the right direction.
    Have Fun!!
  • merlie
    merlie Posts: 276
    The book by Nick Cotton is good - but be sure to get an OS map when you are there. I tried to do some without it - big mistake.
    Cos I was with family my available time to be had in the wilderness was limited - I hope you aint in the same boat.
    Good luck.

If I was to do it again I would post up dates and times as per your availablilty to see if any locals were up to giving you a tour. I got pretty fed up of stopping and starting to check that I was going in the right direction.