Stumpjumper FSR Comp 2009 Weight

elziko
elziko Posts: 41
edited September 2009 in MTB general
Does anyone know the weight of the 2009 Stumpjumper FSR Comp? I can't find it anywhere!

Thanks

Comments

• J55TTC
    J55TTC Posts: 224
    28 lbs I believe but there will be differences between the different frame sizes.
  • Thanks, that seems OK. I'm getting my first full sus. and didn't want it to be any heavier than my current Cindercone which comes in at about 28lbs too.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Cindercone is a hardtail. It's not unreasonable for a full suss bike, with all the extra linkages, pivots, and bearings, to be heavier than a hardtail.
  • Cindercone is a hardtail. It's not unreasonable for a full suss bike, with all the extra linkages, pivots, and bearings, to be heavier than a hardtail.

Of course it is not unreasonable, the difference in frame construction is plain to see! However I'd like it to be no heavier than my current bike if I can afford it. :D
  • Thanks for the replies; I just went for a spin on it and it feels no heavier than my Cindercone. It feels soooo different though! It feels like it has an enormous amount of travel compared to my '97 Bomber Z3s :D

I have never used SRAM shifters before - they felt very odd but maybe something I'd get used to! It is the last 2009 one I could find so I put a (refundable) deposit down.

Now I need to make a decision! :roll:
  • You know you want to... :wink:
    2015 Nukeproof Mega TR 275 in raw
  • Get on with it man! :D

I pushed the button in a rash moment (after a lot of test riding different brands) on the 2008 version last march and I absolutely bloody love it.

If it feels right, and my goodness mine feels just right for me, then get it now!!! :twisted:

Kev
  • I got it... used the CycleScheme at work. To answer my original question my medium comes in at 27.6lbs so very happy with that.

First ride in a couple of hours. :D
  • Congrats! :)

My friend has a Stumpy and its great.