Danny MacAskill's new video!

Chaz.Harding
Chaz.Harding Posts: 3,144
edited September 2009 in MTB general
I'm not sure whether this has already been posted up before, but I guess folks would like to see it!

It's not as shocking as his other video, but is more art-y, and has a better song :D

So, what do you all think???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG9mhcim3dQ&feature=player_embedded#t=60
Boo-yah mofo
Sick to the power of rad
Fix it 'till it's broke

Comments

• Its on the bikeradar home page!

I like it, think its a really good advert.......some good riding there too :D
  • myopic
    myopic Posts: 692
    The first thing that struck me (after his riding of course) was how amazingly white he kept his shirt despite riding in the rain with no mudguards :wink:

Its a good video, but I don't thin it shows off his ability to the same extent as the last one - and I preferred the dong in the last one!
    You don't need eyes to see, you need vision
  • rowlers
    rowlers Posts: 1,614
    fairly tame compared to the inspired bicycles vid, that was jaw dropping!

Still amazes me tho!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    That didn't do anything for me.
    The cinematography failed to capture any exicetement, it was all about artistic camera masturbation as far as I'm concerned.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    The director has somehow conspired to turn Danny's awesome riding into an utter snoozefest.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I always wanted to find Aerogramme's violinist, and shove their bow up their a**e sideways... Live that song was deadly, but the album version with the screeching, not so good...

The edit's bizarre in places, you get a nice long clip of him skidding, then suddenly it cuts away as he does a big drop. And sometimes they seem to go out of their way to get stuff between Danny and the camera. It's good quality and all but the direction/editing's just plain odd. But it's still ace...
    Uncompromising extremist
  • grumsta
    grumsta Posts: 994
    My mate filmed/directed that - he said this is not his edit and is just a collection of clips he sent over to the people from s1jobs. Didn't really want me to watch it as he said it would look a bit rubbish.
  • That's my workplace at the end - Abbey House in St Vincent Street. I've not seen Danny's bike in the bike rack, however, as I'd probably try and steal it if I did. What do you mean he doesn't work there and it's only pretend???

And I agree it's not a patch on the last video.
    Giant Trance X 2010
    Specialized Tricross Sport
    My Dad's old racer
    Trek Marlin 29er 2012
  • The barrel roll flip thing off the trick is breathtaking - its not edited to eb exciting as such or demo tricks as such its just an ad so its showing a guy making the most of his journey to work - I'd do all that stuff on my way to work but the pannier rack gets in the way....
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • nfrang
    nfrang Posts: 250
    Dunno if it was the filming or editing but ya can't see the majority of the tricks cos of the close-up's :x

Maybe the inspired vid from april was like a bands first album! Hope not cos i could watch this stuff all day.
  • Mr Wu
    Mr Wu Posts: 1,238
    myopic wrote:
    - and I preferred the dong in the last one!

You prefered Dannys Dong in the last video? Crikey, you have been watching it closely haven't you!
  • Anonymous
    nfrang wrote:
    Maybe the inspired vid from april was like a bands first album! Hope not cos i could watch this stuff all day.
    Different crew though. So all should be good.
  • x-isle
    x-isle Posts: 794
    The guys is a genius..............the video is a bit pants, it doesn't give any effect of danger or amazement.
    Craig Rogers
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Difficult second album syndrome

How do you top the first video
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • REMF
    REMF Posts: 106
    Awesome guy, utterly rubbish video compared to his previous footage.

That "obviously higher budget" has resulted in some poncy artistic director insisting on stupid camera angles that prevent us seeing the amazing stunts Danny can pull off.

This is exactly what i hate about modern action film fighting sequences, 80's kung-fu may be cheesey as hell, but you could tell they were doing legendary stuff, watch a modern fight sequence and its all blur-o-vision close up shots of a fist from eighteen different directions within the space of five seconds.

I understand the video is not made for us, its designed to provide a bit of 'cool' to an unrelated non-biking demographic, and i also appreciate that it is a great thing that he has turned his l33t biking skillz into commercial success, but.................. we are discussing this video on a forum for cycling enthusiasts, so it sucks.

Sorry Danny, I know you're better than this video.
  • Anonymous
    What the hell is the video anyway?
    It can't be an ad, surely, it's sooooo fricking long.
  • it's a promotional video for s1jobs.com, a recruitment website
    Giant Trance X 2010
    Specialized Tricross Sport
    My Dad's old racer
    Trek Marlin 29er 2012
  • Anonymous
    sooooo long though. Where are they going to air it, apart from on Youtube?
  • grumsta
    grumsta Posts: 994
    As I said, it's not the final edited version.
  • Anonymous
    Yuo never said that, you just said it wasn't your mate's edit.