Some of you may have already seen, but there's some good bike p0rn on display:

http://www.marin.co.uk/2010/home.php
Santa Cruz Chameleon
Orange Alpine 160

Comments

• Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    *drools*

wow.. loving some of the paintjobs.. the MV 5.9 and Attack Trail Avalanche are sex-wee inducing... :oops: :lol:

Shame about the prices!!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    the colourschemes are much better this year. mmmm.
  • the colourschemes are much better this year. mmmm.

On the whole I agree, but I'd rather have my 2009 6.8 model than the new Attack Trail 6.8, it looks like it's covered in bird sh1te.
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    love the attack trail, still not as good lookng as lapierre tho :twisted:
  • Anonymous
    the colourschemes are much better this year. mmmm.

On the whole I agree, but I'd rather have my 2009 6.8 model than the new Attack Trail 6.8, it looks like it's covered in bird sh1te.
    Now, as much as I like the wolf ridges, and I'm not dissing your bike here, I never did like the lurid orange, or lime green colourschemes. They kind of looked like ASBO bikes :lol:
  • Those 160mm travel Attack Trails are just the type of new bike I'm looking for aswell. Pity they're twice my budget.............but they are nice :wink:
  • Now, as much as I like the wolf ridges, and I'm not dissing your bike here, I never did like the lurid orange, or lime green colourschemes. They kind of looked like ASBO bikes Laughing

LOL fair point, but I think the orange looks better in the flesh than in pics....I have to say I did perfer you version in black with the green brakes and highlights.
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • Anonymous
    hehe, I actually bought mine BECAUSE of the colour!
    I didn't care too much about spec (apart from GREEN brakes!!!!) cause I was going to pop some better kit on anyway.
    Which is why it now has saints cranks, with a chainguide, and Fox 36s :)

But, honestly, all the kit is holding up just fine, I thought I'd have wrecked the wheels by now.
  • Still glad I bought an 09 Rocky Ridge. I always did think that Marin made better hard tails than they do full Suspension and now that has been confirmed!! What do they know about Suspension when they can't even spell it!!! :roll: (Check the background on the "Mountain Full Suspesion" page :oops: )

http://www.marin.co.uk/2010/mountainFS.php
  • Anonymous
    :lol:
    oh yeah!

Just as well they get Whyte to design their full suss bikes eh?
    (BTW, you are aware that the mount vision was the first proper full suss bike to kick arse at XC racing, right? :roll: )
  • I thought that might provoke a reaction from you!! I was using a low level form of wit known as sarcasm. I have no issue with Marin's at all really. :roll:
  • but the Enduro Pi55es all over the Attack Trail/Wolf Ridge etc.
    :wink:
  • Anonymous
    Bregante wrote:
    but the Enduro Pi55es all over the Attack Trail/Wolf Ridge etc.
    :wink:
    In what respect?
    It's lighter, yeah, and probably more suited to all-day epic rides, but it is as tough? I'm not sure, but I somehow doubt it.

It's all swings and roundabouts. For the way I ride, where getting uphill is simply a means to an end, and hammering the descents and drops properly, I think that yeah, the attack trail series is a better option.
    However, if I wanted a bike that maybe wasn't as ferocious on the DH aspect, but was a better machine for XC duties, then the enduro would have been on my shortlist.
  • Sorry if you took it the wrong way pal. It was meant to be a joke. Two lads I ride with have Attack Trails and they are great machines and I am loving the look of the 2010 range. Hope you didn't take offence.
  • grumsta
    grumsta Posts: 994
    The Enduro also won't shatter any mirrors you might ride past. ;)
  • Anonymous
    Bregante wrote:
    Sorry if you took it the wrong way pal. It was meant to be a joke. Two lads I ride with have Attack Trails and they are great machines and I am loving the look of the 2010 range. Hope you didn't take offence.
    I'm not offended in any way. I'll have to admit that I don't understand your humour though.
    grumsta wrote:
    The Enduro also won't shatter any mirrors you might ride past.
    :roll: duh. Neither will the attack trails, didn't you see the mythbusters where they proved that sonic booms don;t really do much to glass?

:lol:
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    I've never been able to get excited about marins since the old oversized tube aluminium nail trails and indian fire trails all those years ago. No sus forks then!

I do like the new paint jobs on the '10 range I realy like the look of this HT

http://www.marin.co.uk/2010/bikepage.php?ModNo=10CXR
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • Intersting price hike on the IFT and the Quake!!!

£300 on the IFT, but has MUCH better kit on it than previous, best HT frames out there IMO (well I would say that lol)
  • Anonymous
    The Quake pricing seems a bit much :?
  • my white 2009 nail trail is a thing of beauty :)
    Start Weight 18st 13lbs March 2009
    17st 10lbs August 2009
    17st 4lbs October 2009
    15st 12lbs December 2010

Final planned weight 12st 7lbs