Initial hills

Dick Scruttock
Dick Scruttock Posts: 2,533
edited September 2009 in Health, fitness & training
When i first get on my bike after say 2-3 rest days initially on the first few hills my legs feel very drained. However after the first 2 major climbs they seem to become revitalized and its all fine after that.

Has anyone got any advice how to try and combat this or is it just a sensation everyone seems to suffer from?

Could it be down to the fact that i do no warm ups before the ride?

Comments

• ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    Just one of those things, mine are the same without a rest- just need a bit of time before your legs get used to the demands put on them. :)
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    same here, always has been - in any sport.
    I always guessed it was something to do with my metabolism having to "rev up" so to speak.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    erm....

do a warm up...

then do a back flip.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Warm up, yeah, that would probably work too! :lol:
    For some reason, I never bother when I ride, but if I'm running, I HAVE to warm up and stretch, or I'm in agony for days and days afterwards.
  • Dazzza
    Dazzza Posts: 2,364
    Just your body being relaxed before you get warmed up, happens to most riders, just take it easy for the first few minutes as it's this time where you pick up injuries quite easily.

Could try taking a red bull or similar prior to it, but that will probably have the opposite effect. :lol:
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    Giant Anthem X
  • Cheers. TBH where i ride the first hills are the hardest so i tend to feel it a bit more.